Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Visit while dependent visa is processing? 2020/12/14 04:02
Can my husband visit Japan, under a tourist visa, while his dependency visa is processing?
Next year, I will be starting my job teaching in Japan*. It was postponed due to Covid-19. As most dependents have to do, my husband will have to wait up to 3+ months to go to Japan under the dependency visa. During this time, could he visit Japan while it is being processed? Of course, if they don't allow tourist by the estimated time (April) then , of course, he will just have to wait it out and hope that Japan approves for his arrival. But, this question is when and if they allow tourists while his visa is being processed; because, if he could visit or arrive sooner so that we can see each other, that would be amazing. Please let me know if you have any advice. Thank you!

*My job will not assist bringing my husband to Japan. We are on our own.
by Emily K. (guest)  

Re: Visit while dependent visa is processing? 2020/12/14 12:50
Contry of origin?
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Visit while dependent visa is processing? 2020/12/14 12:56
Very sorry, the country of origin is America.

Thank you!
by Emily K. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Visit while dependent visa is processing? 2020/12/14 15:22
Yes, no problem. I was in Japan on a tourist visa, while my dependent visa was still getting processed. In our case though, the dependent and the work visa (for my husband) came at the same time. I actually was in Japan before him as I had already quit my job and wanted to study Japanese.

I had to go back to Spain to get the visa and then travel back to Japan to start being a resident.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Visit while dependent visa is processing? 2020/12/14 15:23
Oh wow thank you! That helps a lot. I figured he would have to fly back to get it. Thank you very much!
by Emily K. (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread