Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Inpatient cost in hospital 2021/1/21 01:01
Outside of the examination fees what is an average inpatient cost for a week for a bed? I know it can be different per hospital just write me an exact amount.
I have to take a pcr test before going home and would be already moved out from my apartment. I would like to know what to expect if my test comes out positive and I have to cancel my flight. How much would it cost for me to stay in Japan?
by Sangsahwa  

Re: Inpatient cost in hospital 2021/1/21 11:07
I donft know where in Japan you are, but many cities are running short of hospital beds for patients, or saving the hospital facilities only for those in serious condition.
If you take the test and come out positive, but without any symptoms, you will be asked to self-quarantine either at home or at a designated business hotel (with health workers checking on you daily), which the public health office will inform you of. I am not familiar with the cost for that.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Inpatient cost in hospital 2021/1/21 11:52
If you want to know exact amount. Ask the hospital...
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Inpatient cost in hospital 2021/1/21 19:54
My understanding is that the Japanese government has stated that each prefecture supply all the medical fee for those who turned out Covid-19 positive. Same goes for their hotel fee. However, I don't think that the money for food is provided to those who are not hospitalized. Ask your local "soudan center" for more details.

But the basic idea is to not make Covid-19 positive people move around just for the reason that they don't have the money to be quarantined. The following notice from the Ministry is just for reference.

https://www.mhlw.go.jp/content/000634368.pdf
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Inpatient cost in hospital 2021/1/23 23:35
Hi again,

According to today's "Shin-jouhou 7 Days News Caster" news show, at least in Hokkaido and Kanagawa, free food is provided to those under quarantine due to being Covid positive. But the show's crew currently staying home in Kanagawa had to wait for 4 days until the big food box was delivered to his door. Hope it helps.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread