Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Paying pension 2021/1/21 10:33
Hi Im hit with a fast one from government.
I have been out of work for over 3 months. I got a notice requiring me to pay pension in full by a certain date. A friend told me to go to city hall to work it out. Is there anyone else going through this due to covid? Can you get exempt from paying?
by Sam (guest)  

Re: Paying pension 2021/1/21 11:54
There is an exemption/reduction for those with reduced income due to COVID-19, in addition to the usual reduction (if your income for some extraordinary reason got dramatically reduced). Better go to the city hall to ask about it.
Any paper that would show that you worked until such-and-such date and since when you have been out of work would help.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Paying pension 2021/1/22 07:48
You should be able to defer (an option introduced because of covid pandemic), but you are likely to still be liable. Even when my staff finished their positions in 2020 I ended up paying several extra months for them, even though they had finished their work and the pension office had accepted they no longer worked for me.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Paying pension 2021/2/8 09:32
Thanks for the info. I went to city hall last month to sort it out. I got an exemption in the end but had some outstanding balance to pay from before covid-19.
by Sam (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Paying pension 2021/2/8 20:24
It's not city hall but is 年金事務所 (Pension Office) you should talk to. It's ok to go to city hall but they will just tell you to go to Pension Office. They are different organizations.
by Tai (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread