Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Certificate of no Impediment? 2021/4/24 12:34
Hi there, my fiancee is Japanese and we plan on getting married in Scotland, we need the certificate of no impediment, she has the proof of her divorce from a previous marriage, and her family register showing no partner, are these the same as the Japanese certificate of no impediment? Or can anyone provide a pic of an example of what this document would look like?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give

Kind regards

Stuart
by T3NKO  

Re: Certificate of no Impediment? 2021/4/25 12:37
As far as I know, a document titled gcertificate of no impedimenth per se is not issued in Japan. (Her gKosekih with the divorce mentioned would be the one to certify she is single now. Also by now for marriage matching agents, there is gsingle certificateh issued by city halls in Japan.)

If I look at the website of consulate of Japan in Edinburgh, they say that based on some documents from Japan (including a recent duplicate of the gKoseki,h) they will issue the CNI (an English language document), at least for those Japanese residing in Scotland.

https://www.edinburgh.uk.emb-japan.go.jp/itpr_ja/00_000262.html

Please get her to read the page above, and also the link in it about the details to obtain various documents in English issued by the Consulate. Best wishes.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread