Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ferries between Busan and Tsushima shut down? 2021/9/6 03:42
I am trying to travel from Busan, Korea to Tsushima on July 2. As far as I can tell, these ferries are no longer running (any of them). Perhaps due to COVID?

It says there are no tickets available for that date or any around it, so either it is too soon to see the schedule or it is shut down for the time being and they have no updated schedule.

I also checked the "Daea High-Speed Line" website. When you go there, you see a popup in Korean. Thankfully I can read a bit of korean and it says "Hello.
Thank you for using Daea Express Shipping.

Due to the impact of COVID-19
We are extending our holiday until December 31st.
Thank you very much for your understanding."

But it offers no way to exit this message and purchase tickets.

Does anyone know what the status of these ferries I. I need to start planning this trip, so if I need to skip tsushima, then thats fine, but I'd prefer to visit Tsushima from korea if possible.

by colin (guest)  

Re: Ferries between Busan and Tsushima shut down? 2021/9/6 11:23
July 2, 2022 is nearly 10 months away. Lots can change between now and then.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ferries between Busan and Tsushima shut down? 2021/9/7 07:16
Have you tried looking at tickets/schedules for other dates (this month, this year, January)? Or determining the schedule they might be running? Also, with current border restrictions and limited travelers/customers it would be impractical to run a profitable service until those are lifted. Sounds like the ferry company knows that and will reassess in 2022.
Even for something like JR you can't buy more than a month ahead of time (technically a month and one week in some cases), so July 2022 is quite long-dated.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Ferries between Busan and Tsushima shut down? 2021/9/7 09:41
The red bettle ferries have been cancelled due to the border restrictions and so forth.

JR website has the details. But July 2022 is a long way away. Re-assess much closer to the date of travel.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ferries between Busan and Tsushima shut down? 2022/8/7 04:57
any ideas when they will open up again? as japan opens up. there are more international flights from around japan....not just tokyo. what about ferries?
by greg (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread