Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tourist of spouse visa to Japan? 2021/9/26 20:22
Hello, I have a question and I hope someone will help me with the answer!
I am japanese living in Germany, My husband is from Albania we just got married, I also register the marriage in Japan. Next month I will go to live in Japan and I want to bring my husband there, I would lie to ask which is the easiest way for him to get a visa. Can he apply for tourist visa and later change to spouse visa so he can live and work in Japan?
Or to apply directly for spouse visa?
I don't know which is the best because I also don't have a job in Japan and when I go I will search for work, and I don't know what are the requirements for each one.?
Do anyone had or have the same situation?
Thank you
by Serina (guest)  

Re: Tourist of spouse visa to Japan? 2021/9/27 19:56
you have to confirm that tourists can enter Japan at present.

there are huge amounts of information about spouse visa written in Japanese. google them. those are much reliable, because most are written by professionals. also, you can find the case when the income is not sufficient, and how to overcome this problem.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tourist of spouse visa to Japan? 2021/9/28 08:37
You will have no income tax or job to support him. So a spouse visa would be impossible if you attempted to sponsor him.

Unless you have parents that can sponsor him with the above needs. Or the sponsor has large amounts of yen in savings.

Immigration website has all the details.

Tourist visa would only be good for the short term. And depending on his passport. May only be as little as 15 days.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tourist of spouse visa to Japan? 2021/9/28 13:24
I wonder if tourists/temporal visitors can enter Japan due tothe pandemic.

Regardless the pandemic, I think getting a tourist (temporal visitor) visa is not simple as long as your husband is an Albanian national.
https://www.mofa.go.jp/mofaj/toko/visa/tanki/other_visa.html

So if I were you, I would do a spouse visa, or suggest husband to look for a Japan job first then apply a work visa if being a sponsor for him is impossible financially.
by Asiansenior (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tourist of spouse visa to Japan? 2021/9/28 16:03
Serina,
First of all, congratulations on your marriage.

First youfd need to check if those on temporary visitor (tourist) visa from his country can enter Japan at all.

Also please search info by entering g{l̔zҁg and gZ؍ݎҁg and gύXh, etc. In the past few years, coming to Japan on gtemporary visitorh visa then changing to any longer term resident status (such as employer-sponsored or spouse of Japanese) has become more difficult, though there are exceptions for spouses.
So applying for a gspouse of Japanese nationalh visa from outside Japan, through a step called getting a CoE (certificate of eligibility) would be more straightforward, though it can take time.

https://www.mofa.go.jp/mofaj/toko/visa/index.html

Also as others have said, you as the Japanese spouse will need to show that you have (or will have) sufficient income to support the both of you. They usually ask for tax papers from the year before, but since you wonft have them now, youfd probably have to ask someone like your parent(s) to be the financial guarantor, or show your new work contract stating your income when you find work in Japan.

Best wishes. (From a Japanese woman married to a continental European, living in Japan)
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Tourist of spouse visa to Japan? 2021/9/28 16:06
Whoops.
In the above where I said:
First youfd need to check if those on temporary visitor (tourist) visa from his country can enter Japan at all.

I meant to say;
First you ed need to check if those on temporary visitor (tourist) visa from his country can enter Japan at all right now (under pandemic situation).
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread