Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can my prescription be mailed to me in Japan? 2022/5/26 08:41
I need my Doxepin prescription mailed to me in Japan. Prescription was filled in U.S., has my name on the RX bottle. Is there paperwork that I need to fill out to receive this?
by Ann (guest)  

Re: Can my prescription be mailed to me in Japan? 2022/5/27 05:03
Dear Ann,

is it possible to contact your doctor in the U.S. to Mail a Prescription to you?

If there is a official stamp from your Doktor and maybe a translated Prescription, i think it would be easier to get your medicine.

Greetings from Gernany,
Vio
by Vio (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can my prescription be mailed to me in Japan? 2022/5/27 05:09
Doubtful you could send those messages across borders. But contacting Japan's customs team would be a start.

Normally you are allowed to bring in a month's supply upon arrival. Then you need to see a doctor in Japan to get a Japanese prescription so you can visit a Japanese chemist.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can my prescription be mailed to me in Japan? 2022/5/29 09:11
I assume you mean can you receive your prescription gmedicineh in Japan, not the prescription gpaperh?

You cannot bring an American prescription to a doctor in Japan to get it filled, but Ifm assuming you are trying to get a family member send you the gmedicationh in a bottle over to you.

As far as I can see, this medication is produced in Japan for testing purposes but not yet approved (so there should be ban to bring it in), so it would not be impossible to import it. I see some online pharmacies who say they can sell (at least the ointment in a tube) to users in Japan.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Can my prescription be mailed to me in Japan? 2022/5/30 19:17
The Japanese customs bureau are the only people who can give you a definitive answer, but Ifm 99-percent certain the answer is going to be no, you canft have prescription medicine mailed from the U.S. to Japan.

Prescription medicine is going to fall into one of two categories:
1. Medicine that is prescribed by doctors in both the U.S. and Japan

For this kind of medicine, youfre usually allowed to bring a small amount into the country with you. The logic is that if itfs prescription medicine, itfs medicine you need, but it will take some time until you can get an appointment with a Japanese doctor and get a prescription that can be filled at a Japanese pharmacy.

However, if youfre having the medicine mailed to you, that means itfs a quantity beyond what you need in the short-term future and are brining with you in your luggage. Basically, if you have time to wait for mail to arrive from the U.S., you have enough time to see a doctor in Japan and get a prescription to be filled by a Japanese pharmacy. Allowing you to instead receive prescription medicine filled by a U.S. pharmacy indefinitely essentially removes the Japanese government from regulation of prescription medicines, which is a situation they arenft likely to allow.

2. Medicine that is prescribed by doctors in the U.S., but not in Japan

In this case, therefs even less chance that youfll be allowed to receive the medicine in the mail, since a prescription medicine thatfs not approved for use in Japan is essentially contraband.
by . . . . (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread