Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can I take back the translations after PR? 2022/6/5 15:47
Hello,

I'm going to apply for permanent residency, my original documents such as academic records and work records originally are not in English so I have official English translation with me. Here my questions:

1. It it OK to provide English translation of my documents instead of Japanese?(3 years ago I applied for me COE with English translation and it was OK that time.)

2. Is it possible to ask the immigration to give these official translations back to me when the procedure is finished? I still need them with me, because it's not easy to translate them in Japan and I need them anyway. (Again 3 years ago when I applied for COE, I asked them to give these translations back to me and they did)

I would appreciate if you kindly share your experience with me.
Thanks
by Hyugo (guest)  

Re: Can I take back the translations after PR? 2022/6/6 05:42
They only need copies of the translations, so yeah get them back if you gave them the originals, or give them copies instead.

Cannot comment on English vs Japanese translations being acceptible.
by h (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I take back the translations after PR? 2022/6/6 08:17
Thank you so much for your answer.
It was a big help.
by Hyugo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I take back the translations after PR? 2022/6/6 08:39
What I remember about the copies is that we went to the immigration bureau with the originals, and they made photocopies and gave back the originals. (Once before we brought extra photocopies but they wanted to make photocopies there because they wanted to be sure they have ggenuineh copies.)

I cannot comment about the English translations either.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread