Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Settling in Japan by 2022/7/12 09:47
From Turkey I want to move to japan with my family this winter.
How much does a small restaurant in a small city cost? What are the rental prices? How to get a residence and work permit?
Thanks for your answer.
by Bozok Öncü (guest)  

Re: Settling in Japan by 2022/7/12 15:13
@Bozok
We love turkish food, but in our city continental food is very rare. Come to japan and start restaurant it will be good business.
by Watanabe1 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Settling in Japan by 2022/7/12 20:20
You first need a proper visa before you settle and start your restaurant.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Settling in Japan by 2022/7/12 21:33
Typical food business entry is like this; first find someone who has already owned a restaurant in Japan. Ask this person to your host. Normally, they will ask you for "commission". By doing this, one will obtain an entry and resident permit.
by KyushuLocal rate this post as useful

Re: Settling in Japan by 2022/7/12 21:40
That is not an easy path if you want to (1) own/manage a restaurant in Japan and (2) bring your family from the start. And gby this winterh sounds impossible, even considering the visa application process, not to mention finding the right place for a restaurant.

Are you an investor or a chef?

If you want to own/manage a restaurant, you would go for Investor/Business Manager visa. For that, youfd need to have a feel for what local people prefer in terms of food, as well as knowing the right places/areas for a restaurant, find a good property, establish a company, hire at least a few local employees (this requirement might have changed), submit a feasible business plans, etc. It is not easy considering the current economy under the pandemic – people are not really keen to dine out.

If you are trained as a chef (with training school certificate, and a letter of recommendation if you have worked in a restaurant before), then you look for an opening for a chef in an existing Turkish restaurant in Japan, to be hired as a chef. If you get an offer, youfd be eligible for Skilled Labor visa.

Your family (spouse and under-age children) would be eligible for gdependenth visa, once your visa is approved. Unfortunately, under the above cases, you cannot bring over your parents under this gdependenth visa.

I donft know the reasons behind your hope to move to Japan, but Japan is not really an immigrant-friendly country, I must say. All of the above would require some good connections/some degree of Japanese language capability as well. Even if one may be eligible as grefugeeh by the standards of some other countries, Japan is very hesitant to allow people in under grefugeeh status.

Property prices/rent varies significantly depending on the region/city/specific area within a city, so I cannot even begin to come up with any numbers. All I know is that for commercial properties (compared to housing), the deposit/guarantee money is quite expensive. Best wishes.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread