Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Grounding Wire for a Microwave 2022/7/14 21:04
I just moved to a new apartment in Fukuoka and bought a new microwave that came with the earth yellow/green wire. The only place I could ground it is an outlet high on the wall on the other side of my apartment away from my kitchen.

My main question is how necessary is it to ground microwaves in Japan? I know I should do it if I can but the only location is not a practical place for it. Would I be OK to just plug it into a standard two prong outlet and then just leave the ground wire unused?
by John (guest)  

Re: Grounding Wire for a Microwave 2022/7/15 09:02
OK to just plug it into a standard two prong outlet and then just leave the ground wire unused?
That's what normally people do here in Japan. You should be fine.

Those 3 prong outlet high up on the wall normally reserved for air-conditioner , most probably 220V AC.
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Grounding Wire for a Microwave 2022/7/15 14:06
I always assumed there would be one outlet on the kitchen wall with a grounding slot, either for a refrigerator or a microwave (or both).
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread