Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Going back own country scared of visa 2022/7/23 02:43
Hi every one,
Currently i am on spouse visa in Japan-i have 3 years visa now didnot get permanent yet-i am here in Japan since almost 3 years 8 months-i havenft go yet to my country but next year i am planning to visit my parents and stay with them for 2 or 2 and half months because my father needs heart surgery-i have to on Jan 2023 and my visa will expire in October 2023–i have fear what if there is situation like corona again and entery in Japan will be banned how can i come back last time they allow only permanent visa holder to enter in Japan-i have a wife and kids here i donft want to take any risk just because of my father surgery i need to go and stay there for a while while looking after his speed recovery—what should i do for a safety of my visa if there will be situation like corona time my visa will be secure any one can please guide me
by Sanu (guest)  

Re: Going back own country scared of visa 2022/7/23 05:33
last time they allow only permanent visa holder to enter in Japan

At all times during the pandemic, all residents of Japan were always allowed back into Japan (except for a short period when re-entry from South Africa and a couple other Omicron hot spots was not possible - but even then there were some exceptions). So, as long as your status of residence is valid (i.e. October 2023), the risk that you won't be able to re-enter Japan is very low.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Going back own country scared of visa 2022/7/23 06:35
@Uji, actually for the first many months foreign residents were not allowed back in. I think only permanent residents but residents like the OP on a visa with a time limit were not allowed back in. This policy left deep scars for foreign residents, who had lived here for years, had a family, workedc and from one day to the next were only seen as a potential virus carrier.
Definitely one of the reasons I want to get PR ASAP.

To the OP, there isnft really anything you can do. The likelihood of happening again is quite low, but then if you had asked anyone in January 2020 if this scenario would be likely no one would have thought so. Ultimately the Japanese government makes the rules for Japan and foreigners are not a priority as we can as borders remain closed for tourists 2+ years into the pandemic.

My only advise would be to look at the rules at the time you are leaving. Just in case there is some paperwork to be done. But there are no guarantees in life.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Going back own country scared of visa 2022/7/23 07:32
At all times during the pandemic, all residents of Japan were always allowed back into Japan
Completely FALSE. Hundreds of residents were locked out of Japan for months during 2020, unable to return to their families or work. The OP has a legitimate concern. Citizens were allowed back, but not too many others.

However, with the lessons learnt from treatment of residents and covid in the early stages, the chances of the OP being locked out of the country are a lot lower than they were in 2020.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Going back own country scared of visa 2022/7/23 13:27
@Uji
Please stop spreading false information.
Even permanent residents were banned from entry for several months:

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2020/07/30/national/social-issues/ja...

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2020/06/04/national/japan-softens-re...
by permanent resident (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Going back own country scared of visa 2022/7/23 13:38
I apologize. I am shocked to hear that.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Going back own country scared of visa 2022/7/23 13:52
@Uji, thanks!
I know that this hasnft really been in the Japanese media, and Ifm sure that most Japanese people donft know about it.
by permanent resident (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Going back own country scared of visa 2022/7/24 07:43
Thanks alot every one

I knew it one of my friend was in his country when pandemic start Japan banned entry of foreigners and he has 3 years long term visa and in his there is 2 and half year remaining - he left Japan before pandemic he will go to his country for a month and he didnot get re entry permit and he spend more then a year bcoz of pandemic when he try to come to Japan they hold him in Japan immigration and deport him that you spend more then a year in your country and after to much struggle he get 3 years visa now
by Sanu (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread