Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Sakura in Hokkaido 2023 2022/8/23 10:29
Hello everyone. Am planning a visit to Hokkaido next year to see the beautiful Sakura. Checked that the forecast is 26 April to 3 May. So can I safely say we would be able to see the full bloom if we plan a 27 April to 9 May trip?

In addition, needing help on the itinerary as unsure where are the main viewing spots are & the best timing to be at each location. There are 2 of us & renting a car is an option. We'll be flying in & out from Chitose.

Thank you!
by lseehk  

Re: Sakura in Hokkaido 2023 2022/8/23 16:44
Checked that the forecast is 26 April to 3 May.

There are no forecasts for 2023 yet. You must have looked at an old one.

So can I safely say we would be able to see the full bloom if we plan a 27 April to 9 May trip?

It is likely that you will see some in southern Hokkaido, but not guaranteed. Nature is difficult to predict. The average date full bloom is reached is May 2 in Hakodate and May 6 in Sapporo. So, if 2023 happens to be a late year, you could be too early. If it is an early year, your timing will be good.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Sakura in Hokkaido 2023 2022/8/23 21:46
Hi Uji. Thanks for sharing. I've actually seen several websites giving the 2023 forecast though you said forecast isn't out yet. Perhaps there's a more accurate link to check? Thanks again.
by lseehk rate this post as useful

Re: Sakura in Hokkaido 2023 2022/8/24 05:51
2023 forecasts at this time of the year are completely useless. Even forecasts made in February of the actual year are often still rather inaccurate.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread