Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

correct for unguided tours? 2022/9/12 14:04
Hello,

I'm trying to make sense of what exactly the rules are for the unguided tours as I consider taking my family for a holiday in December/January.

I will post a quote from Time-out:
"Following previous reports that Japan was preparing to drop pre-departure testing, last week Time Out Tokyo and the Japan Times reported that the Japanese government would soon allow travellers to visit Japan without booking a guided tour. From September 7, individual travellers can visit Japan on package tours – even those that only include flights and hotels."

Is that correct? Would flights and accommodation booked through a travel agent be sufficient? And if so does that then mean we could arrange our own itinerary for everything else. By everything else I mean Disney, JR passes, Universal studios, etc.

Would appreciate any clarification.
Just to note, I do understand that a visa is also required at this time.
I still intend to wait and see if any further announcements happen in the up coming months but would like to try and make sense of everything.

Thanks for any help.
by Bonnie (guest)  

Re: correct for unguided tours? 2022/9/13 00:53
It seems rules will change from
October and we are back to free travel.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2022/09/12/national/border-independe...
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: correct for unguided tours? 2022/9/13 07:42
Is that correct? Would flights and accommodation booked through a travel agent be sufficient?
A Japan registered travel agent.
As pp notes, the rules are likely to change soon. Best summary I have seen is at:
https://www.travelcaffeine.com/when-will-japan-reopen-allow-foreign-to...
Long, but quite useful.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: correct for unguided tours? 2022/9/13 18:57
by Kakuhiro rate this post as useful

reply to this thread