Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Transit time in airport for local flight 2022/9/19 17:15
I am going to take flight to Sapporo at the end of Oct now searching for flight ticket.
I will be flying from Europe first to NRT/HND, and then transit there to CTS (plus the terminal change if NRT).

But when I searched in JAL, it says on its website that currently the border control in the airport for international arrivals will take a long time to proceed, avergare 5 hours (?. Passengers should bear it in mind to leave sufficient time.

Does it mean I need to buy ticket that have the transit time longer than 5 hours?
What are the experience of you guys if anyone already entered japan as foreigner?

Thank you in advance for any suggestion.
by Alli (guest)  

Re: Transit time in airport for local flight 2022/9/20 08:10
Why would you trust more a random internet user rather than JAL?
Just asking…
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Transit time in airport for local flight 2022/9/20 08:46
Earlier this year processing times were very long (as reported in the media) and were around three hours at Narita, but up to eight hours in extreme cases. The five-hour time sounds like they are covering their butt, just in case. (For instance, if you are from a country that requires a covid test on arrival.)
More recently, processing times have reduced, and I have seen reports that it is faster than pre-covid because of still very low numbers of travelers and with things like MySOS and other process improvements it is more streamlined.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Transit time in airport for local flight 2022/9/20 10:56
If you are trying to purchase JAL tickets all the way through - meaning, your country to Haneda/Narita, then a domestic flight to Haneda/Narita to New Chitose, they will provide connections that “should” work.

If you are asking about experiences from people who landed in Japan rather recently (earlier this month), I’ve heard (for those on business visa) that airport proceeding was extremely smooth and took only several minutes, as against a few hours.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Transit time in airport for local flight 2022/9/20 15:59
Thank you a lot everyone for the reply.
Good to know things are getting better!

I asked here becoz I want to know the most recent report. Usually JAL website is slow updated. The same transit warning has been there for a long time. JAL also says even if passenger buy ticket of the transit time the JAL allow, it doesn't mean the time is sufficient.

For example, I searched my ticket EU-HND-CTS on JAL, they show the tickets with transit time as short as 3.5 hours. So I was confused.

I guess when they open border in October. Border control processing wouldn't be that long anymore. Finger crossed.
by Alli (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread