Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Timing to pre-register MySOS 2022/9/25 10:34
Can anyone advise if there is any requirement on timing to pre-register MySOS? for example, if I am leaving for Japan on 10/10/2022, can i register 2 weeks in advance, meaning start to register 27/9/2022?

by grace (guest)  

Re: Timing to pre-register MySOS 2022/9/26 11:32
Should be no problem registering two weeks in advance, most people do it in advance, just to give time to have all of the documents loaded.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Timing to pre-register MySOS 2022/9/26 15:00
The only thing you can't enter more than three days in advance is obviously the PCR test result if required. I personally have already a blue screen for an entry into Japan two weeks down the road despite the fact that I haven't even left Japan yet.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Timing to pre-register MySOS 2022/9/28 03:47
Hello,

I understand that up to this point it is assumed that tourists will needs the MySOS App to upload their vaccination certificates.

So today I tried to register my passport there, but every time I upload an image, I get a reply just minutes later that my picture could not be scanned.

Is this a known problem?

Thanx in advance.
Jan
by DrRodriges rate this post as useful

Re: Timing to pre-register MySOS 2022/9/28 20:59
Jan,

Retake your photo on a light background under a bright or natural light. It has to be clear and I retook mine a couple of times to make sure it was as clear and crisp as possible.

On another note, I don't arrive in Tokyo until October 18 but I completed my SoS data inputs on Sunday the 25th, it was reviewed and I have my "blue" color of approval on the App already. So, as Uji said, if you don't need the PCR test you can do the SoS submission with your vaxx card pretty far ahead of your trip.

Stan
by USC4Ever rate this post as useful

Re: Timing to pre-register MySOS 2022/9/28 22:17
I registered my belongings via MySOS web today.
It can be done several week in advance, if you are fully vaccinated.
My flight goes at 29. Oct.

I had the same problem as Jan with my Passport. I tried it three times but it wonLt be registered. So I skip this step as on that page described (so I have to show my passport at arriving).

The following steps are going smooth (with a little hickup because I have two first-names and my mobile number was to long for the input box).

Now ILm fully registered and "blue". :-)

Greetings,
Vio
by Vio (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Timing to pre-register MySOS 2022/9/29 02:22
Thanks Stan and Vio for your tips and experiences.

I tried with about two dozen photos now and still no hit :(
For my wife it worked at the first go.

I'd really like to have everything set up perfectly to shorten the waiting times so I guess I will try again before skipping the passport registration.

Our flight leaves on Oct. 15th, so quite some time to go.
But we're so happy we can finally come back to Japan after more than 2 1/2 years I am close to crying tears of joy. :'-)

Re: Timing to pre-register MySOS 2022/9/29 05:53
Sorry, it' me again...

Now, after about 40 tries, my foto was finally accepted and my passport is registered to MySOS....

However, after reviewing (and not yet confirming) the "pledge" section, I am not sure any more if this is what is expected of tourists after October 10th.
Seems to me that the procedure has not yet been adjusted to requirements starting Oct 11th.

Any thoughts about that?

Regards
Jan

reply to this thread