Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kiso Valley early March '23 2022/10/4 07:09
Hi, I'm just planning our long deferred Japan trip. At this stage thinking (because we can only get in via Tokyo) Tokyo 1 night, Nara 4 nights, Kyoto 2 nights, Narai (Kiso Valley) 3 nights, Karuizawa 3 nights, to start in the last week of Feb.

We are not skiers (I'm scared of heights, lol), but wondering if anyone has been around Kiso Valley that time of year, does it get a lot of snow and would it still be OK for walks etc? I've been there in December, it was pretty mild.
by Lazy Pious (guest)  

Re: Kiso Valley early March '23 2022/10/5 02:53
I can't answer your question - but found this link with an email address to the Magome Tourist office. They have a part time English speaker. I'm sure that they'd enjoy some love in the form of an email since they've had no foreign tourism since March 2020....

https://tic.jnto.go.jp/eng/detail.php?id=3557
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Kiso Valley early March '23 2022/10/5 04:37
Sweet, will try that. You're a fan of nice accommodation, right? Have a look at Byaku at Narai, which is on the list for this trip.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kiso Valley early March '23 2022/10/5 04:53
It looks nice - albeit a bit out of my price range (I get paid in Euros now so don't get paid as much as previously). I normally stay at the Fujioto in Tsumago which is a bit more simple but has good service and nice meals (plus some interesting side dishes!!). The owner also speaks excellent Italian and good English.
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Kiso Valley early March '23 2022/10/5 06:13
Yeah my missus wont stay anywhere without a bathroom inside the room (actually I support her on that, it is a nuisance without one) and that limits us a bit in the Kiso valley, unless we were going to resort style.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread