Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Leave big bag NRT for 2 weeks 2022/10/7 23:53
First time to Japan.

I am coming from a dive trip. I believe I can rearrange all my luggage so I can travel with a small backpack for 2 weeks, and leave all my gear and main gbigh bag upon arrival at Narita. I leave 15 days later from Narita.

Is it better to use storage at the airport or one of the luggage delivery services? Are they difficult to navigate at 8pm when I arrive, and unfortunately I do not read nor speak Japanese.

Thanks for any input
by Tgordon88  

Re: Leave big bag NRT for 2 weeks 2022/10/8 01:55
Hi!

I am assuming you are not flying into Terminal 1, which seems to be mostly domestic flights, and you are coming into Terminal 2 or 3. As of 10/7, there are no left luggage services available in Terminal 2. (I know I've used Terminal 2 multiple times from the US because I recognize the shops.) Terminal 3 has a GPA station open and you can see prices and information here: https://www.gpa-net.co.jp/en/passenger-service/baggage-storage/

I personally have never stored luggage for multiple days. I have used left luggage/cloak rooms/lockers at various train stations, but I've not left anything at the airport. I have also used TakQbin or however you decide to romanize it multiple times for more than a decade between airports and my hotel and from hotels/ryokans to other hotels or ryokans. I think it gets more complicated if you want to do it to or from a residence and you speak limited Japanese, but it's still doable. The staff tend to know how to help you, the same goes for hotels/ryokan. The trickiest part is when sending back bags to the airport, you need to give at least 48 hours before your flight. I know because I once missed this deadline and had to walk to a nearby Yamato Transport office which had a 36 hours deadline. I want to say Pre-Pandemic, you could send your bag 4 or 5 day before your flight to the airport and the bag would be held for no additional fees. So you might find it cheaper to send your bag to a few of your hotels and then to the airport 4 to 5 days before your flight.

Good luck!
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Leave big bag NRT for 2 weeks 2022/10/8 02:01
Thanks a million for the info. Super helpful.

Looks like Ifll arrive terminal 2 (cebu pacific from mnl). Therefore Ifll have to head to 3 and find the left luggage area. Thatfs my plan anyways.

Thanks again :)
by Tgordon88 rate this post as useful

Re: Leave big bag NRT for 2 weeks 2022/10/8 02:19
Well, it could open up before you get there, we just don't know, it just is not open right now. I would go here: https://www.narita-airport.jp/en/service/svc_06

And check in on a regular basis to see if the left luggage places in Terminal 2 open.

(you go to the temporary closure link and then look at the pdf for Terminal 2 services.) I am personally hopefully that post the 11th a lot more things reopen. To be honest a lot more has reopened since last I checked in early September.

If your trip is close to the 11th it might be more iffy, if your trip is a bit further off, like even November, it could have reopened by then, but always check before you schlep to another Terminal.

Good luck
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Leave big bag NRT for 2 weeks 2022/10/8 03:45
According to the JAL ABC Japanese-language website,
in NRT Terminal 2 Arrival Lobby,
JAL ABC luggage storage counter is open
from 7:00 until 1 hour after the last Terminal 2 arrival (A).

As long as your entry procedure goes smoothly,
you are likely to get to this counter during the hours.
Please note that you,
only at the same counter, can pick up your luggage.

The JAL ABC English-language webpage,
though it says nothing about the arrival counters,
shows the details of the storage service.

Just to add,
there are items which you cannot store there.
They include cash, valuables, animals and perishable things.

- JAL ABC
: Luggage storage counters in NRT Terminal 2 ((Japanese))
https://www.jalabc.com/airport_counter/narita-airport_terminal2.html#a...
: Luggage Storage Service ((English))
https://www.jalabc.com/en/hands-freetravel/baggage-storage.html

On the NRT website,
currently the office hours are written as 7:00 to last flight (B);
on the JAL ABC Japanese website,
description resembling (B) is rewritten as (A).
So, (A) seems more up-to-date.
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

reply to this thread