Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Student Visa Extension 2022/10/9 14:31
Hello. I am applying for a student.

I have a cousin who is studying in the university that I will be attending and she is also living in the dormitory that I will also be living when I go to Japan. But we will not be sharing a room(the rooms in the dorm are single rooms).

However, due to some misunderstandings, I did not write her down in my COE application form.

I have already informed by school about this and it seems like it will not be a problem for my COE since they decided not to add her information to my application unless there is an inquiry from the immigration bureau.

So my concern now is that if I do get my COE and student visa approved and come to Japan without adding my cousinfs information, will it be alright if I write down her information when I apply for my extension?

Since she came to Japan before I did so Ifm a little worried that the immigration office might reject my extension because that would mean I once gave a false statement to them.

Thank you and I would appreciate it if anyone could give me some advice.
by Tillytwilight  

Re: Student Visa Extension 2022/10/10 18:46
Well, I do not think that it will be a problem. You just forgot to add her and this is human factor, sometimes we make mistakes or forget about something. Just you did not tell that you have a cousin or whoever of your family is in Japan, it should not affect that much. But, it would be a nice if you just add in the future, when you plan to extend your visa. If they will know that you did not add her; the Immigration Office can wonder why you just did not add and so many questions can come up un their mind: i cannot guarantee, as I am not who will judge whether you will get a CoE or not, but according to my experience, I can tell that it should he okay.
by John (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread