Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

May I use the Suica Card on these lines? 2022/10/13 13:43
hi there

since i cannot find anything on the internet nor contacting anyone i would like to adress my inquiry here in the forum :).

so i do plan a daytrip to Enoshima (from Tokyo). therefore i would like to take the Shonan-Shinjuku line to the Ofuna station. from there i would love to take the special Shonan Monorail to Enoshima.

my question: may i use the Suica Card for the Shona -Shinjuku line and the Shonan Monorail? does anybody knows that?

thank you so much for your help!
by stephivicii  

Re: May I use the Suica Card on these lines? 2022/10/13 15:52
may i use the Suica Card for the Shona -Shinjuku line and the Shonan Monorail? does anybody knows that?

Yes, everything can be paid with Suica. I don't think there are any trains and monorails in the greater Tokyo area that cannot be paid with Suica (except those that require supplements). In and around Tokyo you can pretty much assume that all public transportation can be paid with Suica. Some highway buses can be another exception.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: May I use the Suica Card on these lines? 2022/10/13 15:54
thank you soo much!
by stephivicii rate this post as useful

Re: May I use the Suica Card on these lines? 2022/10/13 23:26
@Uji
Not sure about now, but a few years ago the train from Chichibu to Kumagaya was still on very old school thick paper tickets that you needed to return back to the conductor when leaving the train.

But yeah, the train to Enoshima no problem. I once wanted to do exactly this route (normally I do Odakyu line) but once I wanted to try that hanging train, only to sit already in the train when an announcement came that there was some technical problem and the train couldnft depart. But I definitely had entered there with my normal ic card.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: May I use the Suica Card on these lines? 2022/10/13 23:28
Yep, Chichibu line is still w/o IC card ;-)
Very old school. At least most of their trains are electric and only a minority is still steam powered ;-)

https://www.chichibu-railway.co.jp/chichibu-railway-englishguide.html
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: May I use the Suica Card on these lines? 2022/10/14 01:17
There are actually some lines and stations you can't use Suica or any other IC card in greater Tokyo.

https://iccard-jruser.com/archives/10076224.html#toc1

by Tai (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: May I use the Suica Card on these lines? 2022/10/14 07:00
Chichibu Railway started accepting IC cards in March 2022. And it is not what I consider "greater Tokyo".

Re: May I use the Suica Card on these lines? 2022/10/14 07:51
Kamakura and Enoshima ain't greater Tokyo either. But hey the conversation is there.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: May I use the Suica Card on these lines? 2022/10/14 16:02
Yes, I consider Kamakura and Enoshima to be part of greater Tokyo.

reply to this thread