Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Anti-viral Spray 2022/10/19 12:32
I wonder if 7-11, Lawson or Family Mart sells anti-viral spray? This is the first time I am traveling post-pandemic and I thought there is no harm in buying and spray them on the curtains and bed whenever I check into my hotel rooms. I'd appreciate if someone can tell me the answer and a link to the photo of a typical ant-viral spray available in Japan Thank you.
by Tate (guest)  

Re: Anti-viral Spray 2022/10/19 16:27
They are available all over Japan. There will be many for free use in the hotel lobby (and possibly elsewhere in the hotel) and at the entrance of virtually every shop and building. There are so many of them that you may not need to buy one for yourself.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Anti-viral Spray 2022/10/19 20:20
Anti-viral spray for things, not your hands, is not popular in Japan.
I don't think you can find it at convenience stores. I've never seen it, at least. What they sell is alcohol-based sanitizers.

If you are thinking of using it on things that isn't your own, you should be careful because alcohol harms cloth and other materials.

If you use it on your own stuff or you have solid knowledge about it, ask at a drugstore. Some drugstores in tourist areas have staff who speak non-Japanese languages such as Chinese.
by Tai (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Anti-viral Spray 2022/10/20 00:29
If you're looking for something along the lines of Febreze, they are indeed available at convenience stores. Convenience stores even sell them in their own brand. Ask for "jo-kin spray" (antiseptic spray).

They are, of course, more available at drug stores, which may be cheaper. You can look for words like 除菌 (antiseptic) or ウイルス (virus) on the label.

Your hotel is also likely to carry some for their guests to use in their rooms. But basically, hotels are supposed to spray everything before they welcome new guests to the room.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Anti-viral Spray 2022/10/20 00:56
If OP is worrying specifically about COVID, being just antiseptic and anti-virus (what virus?) doesn't work.
Boiling water, sodium hypochlor, and surfactant are officially suggested by the Japanese government based on scientific grounds.

I don't think you may spray or pour them on someone else's belongings without permission. Even the package of Febreze says you need to test before use.

Ask the owner of your accommodation.

Re: Anti-viral Spray 2022/10/20 02:57
If OP is worrying specifically about COVID, being just antiseptic and anti-virus (what virus?) doesn't work.
Boiling water, sodium hypochlor, and surfactant are officially suggested by the Japanese government based on scientific grounds.

They are? Then I wonder why the nicest restaurants and clinics are spraying tables and chairs all the time here in Japan.

Re: Anti-viral Spray 2022/10/21 22:27
> Then I wonder why the nicest restaurants and clinics are spraying tables and chairs all the time here in Japan.

Because they know the materials of their belongings and do it at their own risk. As I wrote in my previous comment, OP can do whatever on his own belongings. Not on someone else's.

Re: Anti-viral Spray 2022/10/21 23:01
Tai is not reading my post correctly, but never mind.

Re: Anti-viral Spray 2022/10/31 17:39
Probably, but I wouldn't buy those from any convenience stores, because they're unnecessarily expensive, especially when you can easily buy them at \100 shops.
by Christian Hirose Romeo Graham rate this post as useful

Re: Anti-viral Spray 2022/10/31 20:44
As a mere example, a Daiso (100 yen shop) spray is 100 yen for 12 ml, while a Seven Premium (Seven Eleven brand) spray is 548 yen for 300 ml which means that it's 22 yen per 100 ml. But, of course, there are various sprays and various availabilities.

https://jp.daisonet.com/collections/sanitation0217/products/4971902924...
https://www.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1288488.html

reply to this thread