Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Transfer time needed 2022/10/21 05:41
I am flying into Haneda on 23rd November arriving at 0730 and I need to book my flight onto Fukuoka. How much time shall I allow to transfer? Will 2 hrs be enough or will I need more? Would it also be best to pick up my pocket wifi/sim card (once I decide what to get) at Haneda or Fukuoka airport?
by Peekaboo (guest)  

Re: Transfer time needed 2022/10/21 08:01
It's difficult to predict if your flight will arrive on time or not, and there is the time to wait for your luggage and customs process. I would feel comfortable with a bit more margin.

For the pocket WiFi rental, it depends on whether you are returning to Haneda and if you want to use it while in Haneda.
by kamahen (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Transfer time needed 2022/10/21 08:12
Kamahen is correct.

I arrived into Haneda on Wednesday the 19th and our flight arrived exactly on time. Because I had a blue SOS, JAL let us off of the plane first (versus no SOS or yellow or red colors). Going thru COVID SoS screening, immigration and customs took a total of 35 minutes from arrival at gate to when I walked into the arrivals lobby.

That is a perfect situation, however, there was only 1 other flight arriving when we were, our plane (777-300ER) was only ⅔ full, and most of them were Japanese, only maybe 60 foreigners versus the 100 Japanese on the flight. There were 5 Japanese immigrations officers who were very efficient (I have seen as many as 20 working at same time in past years) and another 10 customs officers inspecting your luggage etc.

That perfect situation probably will not happen for you, however, if your flight is on time and you have all your docs together including SoS, customs and immigrations forms, etc., and you are not bringing in anything in excess of your customs allowances, you will probably be okay to make the two hour connector.

Hope this helps.

Stan
by USC4Ever rate this post as useful

Re: Transfer time needed 2022/10/21 13:19
I would think that 2 h is cutting it short. Youfll be able to make it in many cases but it doesnft seem to be a safe enough time space IF (!!!!) the two flights arenft bought together. (Then the company is responsible for putting you on the next flight).
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Transfer time needed 2022/10/21 21:49
Thanks everyone I will book 3 hrs plus connection time.
by Peekaboo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Transfer time needed 2022/10/22 09:41
As stated above, the possibility of delays and cancellations is always there and should be considered when not booking the flights together.

We recently continued to Naha after landing in Tokyo and I gave ourselves two nights in Tokyo before the next flight.

With Fukuoka it's a bit different, I admit as you can always take the train if you miss your connection, but what I'm aiming at: always have a Plan B if you miss your flight, for you might not make it.

Another thought: have you calculated (money and time-wise) if a domestic flight is the better solution?

I once thought about how to continue from Tokyo to Osaka-Downtown and came to the conclusion that taking the train was a more flexible, cheaper and quicker option than domestic flight. This might be different for Fukuoka of course, just bringing that option into play.
by DocRod (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread