Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Tohoku Itinerary check, late October 2022/10/21 23:55
Hello to all the experienced Japan travelers,

Would be so kind to check if my Tohoku itinerary makes sense and (maybe) suggest some improvements?

26 Oct -> Arrive to Haneda at ~5pm, collect SIM card, collect JR pass 14 days, rest, sleep in Ueno.

27 Oct -> (JR pass starts) Travel to and explore Aomori, sleep in Aomori.

28 Oct -> Travel to Oirase stream by bus, explore, take a boat to Towadako. Relax, sleep in Towadako.

29 Oct -> Spend more time in Towadako OR travel back to Aomori. Sleep in Aomori.

30 Oct -> Take a day trip to Hirosaki or Hakodate, depending on weather. Sleep in Aomori.

31 Oct -> Travel to Nyuto Onsen via Morioka, relax, stay in Yama no Yado.

1 Nov -> Day trip to Kakunodate and Dakigaeri Valley (if time permits), at the evening travel to Ichinoseki, sleep in Ichinoseki.

2 Nov -> Day trip to Rikuzentakata, visit Iwate Tsunami Memorial Museum, walk around. At the evening get back to Ichinoseki, sleep in Ichinoseki.

3 Nov -> Day trip to Hiraizumi, sleep in Sendai. Laundry day in Sendai.

4 Nov - 6 Nov-> Base in Sendai, day trips to Yamadera, Naruko Gorge, Matsushima, maybe Cat Island (in any order)

7 Nov -> Travel to Nikko, explore Nikko Town, sleep in Nikko.

8 Nov -> Explore Nikko, sleep in Nikko

9 Nov -> (JR pass ends) Explore Nikko, sleep in Tokyo.

10 - 11 Nov -> Explore Tokyo

12 Nov -> Flights back to home country from Haneda

---

Am I missing something great? Should I probably stop somewhere between Sendai and Nikko for a day or two?

Thank you,
Have a lovely day!
by LittleK0i (guest)  

Re: Tohoku Itinerary check, late October 2022/10/22 08:02
by ITO (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tohoku Itinerary check, late October 2022/10/22 13:06
Hitachi seaside park in ibaraki
by Misugi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Tohoku Itinerary check, late October 2022/10/22 15:42
three days Nikko is a day too much...I think
Aizu is really beautiful :)
by pirataurbano rate this post as useful

Re: Tohoku Itinerary check, late October 2022/10/23 18:11
Thank you for suggesting Aizu! It looks very interesting.

I see it is connected to Nikko via direct local railways. Travel times are a bit long and trains are not very frequent, but it is definitely doable with proper planning.

I'll give it a try!
by LittleK0i (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread