Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shikoku trip 2022/10/23 16:38
Like to go Shikoku by car with my parents during December. May i know if i should book 1 accommodation and drive around the islands or i need to book 4 places since trying to cover Ehime, Kochi, Kagawa and Tokushima in 7-10 days period. Thanks!
by Datte (guest)  

Re: Shikoku trip 2022/10/23 19:27
Getting to the destinations by car in Japan takes ages. Local roads are narrow, slow and traffic light takes forever. Even motorways are limited to max 100km. I reckon booking separately is an easier option.
by Don (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shikoku trip 2022/10/23 23:25
We always book accommodations in advance in Shikoku. Expressway speed limit is 80 km/h at most.
by KyushuLocal rate this post as useful

Re: Shikoku trip 2022/10/24 00:04
Note that it's extremely expensive to bring a car to an island on a ferry in Shikoku, although it's very cheap for a human to ride a ferry.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Shikoku trip 2022/10/24 07:23
Shikoku is a big place, I have traveled by train before. Trains are slow there. I stayed in two cities of Shikoku within 5 days, and I could not see all that I wanted to.
I thought driving makes sense in Shikoku, since you can carry all your luggage in the trunk, and you don't have to return to the same hotel by train every evening.
There are two bridges you can drive to Shikoku, so there is no need to ferry your car. Depending on where you are coming from renting a car in Shikoku may be a good option.
by kamahen (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread