Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone Round Course the opposite way 2022/10/25 00:05
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5210.html

Can we do this trip the opposite way? We are going to rent a Car from Tokyo, and before going to Hakone we'd like to make a brief stop at Kawaguchiko. Since we are going to lose time on this, It would be better for us to do the round Trip the other way, doing so we won't risk to find the Sightseeing boat closed.
Thank you
by Margu  

Re: Hakone Round Course the opposite way 2022/10/25 13:11
Yeah in reverse is fine.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone Round Course the opposite way 2022/10/25 13:21
Why not do the boat trip on Kawaguchiko or Yamanakako instead?
In Hakone the normal way is to use the ship as onwards transport. But you have a car so need to return to your point of origin.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone Round Course the opposite way 2022/10/25 16:27
Like you, we are going to Hakone at the end of this year. However, we also wish to know if anyone can provide some information /advise whether the opposite way from hakone-yumoto is going to be less crowded on a weekend compared to the one from hakone-yumoto to gora, then finally moto hakone. Thanks
by Jimmy (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone Round Course the opposite way 2022/10/25 18:28
ありがとう for the help!

@LikeBike nice suggestion, but I think that if we do the boat trip in Kawaguchiko we won't have time left to visit Hakone properly.

@Jimmy maybe train and buses are less crowded since usually the trip is "sponsored" the other way. We'll see
by Margu rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone Round Course the opposite way 2022/10/26 06:02
@ Jimmy

When I did the trip. I did the train first. Train, cable car and gondolas were all busy/full. I went on a Saturday.

The opposite direction was near empty. I didn't look at the trains, but one cable car and most gondolas were returning empty.
by h (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone Round Course the opposite way 2022/10/26 08:10
I always do the "Hakone Loop" clockwise (it is not "opposite"). On busy days, those going anti-clockwise can face queues over an hour for the ropeway, while my waits were a few minutes. Also, IMO, the timing and day is better paced.
However, I avoid weekends/holidays where possible, simply because it can get very busy.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone Round Course the opposite way 2022/10/26 09:44
Reverse is fine but but if you are trying to do Kawaguchi-ko and Hakone in one day, that would be too much (at least IMHO).
Also if you come by car, you’d need to go a loop on the ship.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread