Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Itinerary suggestion mid-November 2022 2022/10/31 12:02
We are going to Japan from mid-november 2022 for 2-3 weeks. Until now, we reserved nothing so we are very last minute and we need help because we don't know where to start.
We would like to see Japan in every ways. Nature, cities, culture, food, etc. We will travel with our 7 months old baby so we don't want to sleep in more than 3-4 differents locations, but we would like to visit more places than that. So we are willing to take the train often to reach our destination of the day.

We will use public transport.

Thank you so much :D
by Jenny-Lee & Mathew (guest)  

Re: Itinerary suggestion mid-November 2022 2022/10/31 13:53
Mid November is a nice time to visit. it will be busy because of Koyo but very pretty. I will make recommendations based on my interests.

1. Karuizawa - nice resort town with good shopping and access to onsen towns (Bessho Onsen, Kusatsu Onsen). Le Grand Kyu has fantastic accomodation at a decent price.
2. Nara - people do it as a side trip from Kyoto, but to my mind it is best enjoyed over a few days;
3. Kyoto - cant go wrong there;
4. Takayama - nice town, autumn hits there a little early, probably in full effect very early November. I prefer it to kanazawa but other people see Takayama as a side trip from Kanazawa. Hotel associa is great value, though a little out of town.
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Itinerary suggestion mid-November 2022 2022/10/31 14:45
There is a lot of information on Japan Guide webpage including proposed trips for 7, 14 days.
These model trips are a bit fast paced so with a kid I would probably take a 10 day corse for a 14 day trip.

by LikeBike rate this post as useful

reply to this thread