Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Booking and cancelling at a Toyoko Inn 2022/11/3 14:35
We are Toyoko Inn members and have used them extensively in the past. Now we are thinking of booking a couple of rooms for April and already the twin rooms are only available for members so we'd like to catch them now.

The problem is that our plans are not very firm yet so we'd like to be able to cancel and rebook if necessary. We were always able to do this easily in the past, but it doesn't look like it is so simple now. I've read the policies and they don't go through this at all any more.

Does anyone know whether we can safely book, knowing we have the flexibility to change our plans - it is five months away after all.
by yeshekathy  

Re: Booking and cancelling at a Toyoko Inn 2022/11/3 18:21
Their web site design changed and became NOT very user-friendly, but I have been able to cancel or change my reservations.
by kamahen (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Booking and cancelling at a Toyoko Inn 2022/11/4 01:51
To be honest, just got booking, Agoda or the like and book something that's a business hotel. You can get some great deals if booking early. Plus you know that it's easy to cancel through their general info.

Unless it's changed, Toyoko used to let you cancel upto 4pm of the same day on their website. Others can confirm as I longer use them as there are other better options.

Just don't use apa - research that company and decide yourself before you use apa..
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Booking and cancelling at a Toyoko Inn 2022/11/4 03:13
I tend to agree with mfedley about considering options other than Toyoko Inn, especially if their website has become more difficult to use. I stayed at a few Toyoko Inns years ago, but since then I have always found hotels I like better for roughly the same price, or else considerably gnicerh hotels for not a whole lot more money. Of course, with Toyoko Inn you pretty much know exactly what you are going to get, but in the long run it might be useful to gain a base of experience with some of the other budget chains. Of course, you may have already tried this, and there can be some disappointments along the way. Toyoko Inns seem to have a strong following among foreign tourists, but one problem with this is that they tend to book out before some of the other chains. To be honest, I donft even look at them anymore in search results, but I do consider some other chains such as Via Inn, the Vessel Inns and Hotels, Comfort Inn, and others (except I agree with mfedly about APA, and they tend to have really tiny rooms). Dormy Inn is sometimes quite reasonable in price, and they have nice bathing facilities (you really have to watch their prices, though, as they tend to jack them way up on weekends or during busy periods). Some other chains such as Richmond and Daiwa Roynet seem to put on airs (in my opinion) and charge more than they are worth, but sometimes you can get a really good price. Just donft book anything unless the cancellation policies and procedures are completely transparent. (Going through a site such as booking.com takes care of this, but you do have to read the details as they can vary from hotel to hotel.)
by Kim (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Booking and cancelling at a Toyoko Inn 2022/11/4 04:04
If you actually shopped around for autumn 2022 travels, rooms more economical than Toyoko Inn can be found in major touristy areas (like Tokyo & Kyoto).
Prices go up for 2023 spring season, and prices become about the same as Toyoko Inn for those hotels in the same areas.
For the same room price, Toyoko Inn offers free breakfast and discount for members (1 free stay for every 10).
I know, Toyoko Inn rooms are the same everywhere and can be "boring". But it is a business hotel - not a resort hotel. What more do you expect?
Yes, I am going to Japan in the autumn and again in the spring.

Personally, I avoid Toyoko Inns with just one elevator.

by kamahen (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread