Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japan Explorer Pass 2022/11/6 17:21
Hello,
Could anyone shed some light on the current pricing of the JAL Explorer Pass? We are looking to fly from Osaka to Hanamaki in Tohoku in February, 2023. That particular route is advertised at Y5,500 one way on the JAL Explorer Pass page. However, when you try to book the flight from outside of Japan as required it is currently approximately JPY15,500 one way. Has the Explorer Pass incentive been cancelled or is there another reason why the fares are so high?
by Peter G (guest)  

Re: Japan Explorer Pass 2022/11/6 22:34
JAL japan explorer pass per flight cost 5500, 7700, 11000 tax included over 30 cities in domestic network include 10% consumption tax per sector.u can take 23 kg free of charge
You can buy pass 24 hours before departure
by Mako (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Explorer Pass 2022/11/7 07:50
Thank you for your reply.
I understand that is the wording and pricing on the JAL website for the Explorer Pass but fares at that price are not available between Osaka and Tohoku, even though it states that route is available as an Explorer Pass fare. They are more than double than what is advertised. It is actually slightly cheaper to just book the local Ultra SAKITOKU fare currently.
I will call JAL and hopefully they can clarify the current fare structure.
by Peter G (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Explorer Pass 2022/11/7 08:08
I am also puzzled by the prices shown on the JAL website. Peter, if you find out why the rates are three times higher than advertised, please let us know. Thanks!
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Explorer Pass 2022/11/7 10:26
Okay, managed to speak to the JAL Call Centre and explained the current anomaly with the Japan Explorer Pass fare structure on their web page and what airfare is actually available when attempting to book a flight on the JAL website through the Japan Explorer Pass web page. The gentleman I spoke to checked and told me that the Japan Explorer Pass has been discontinued at this time and has been replaced by the Japan Explorer Pass Plus which is the more expensive airfare that is currently showing on their website. He didn't know when or if the Japan Explorer Pass will be reinstated. I suggested it may be a good idea if JAL removed the JEP page in the meantime as all it's doing is creating confusion for customers.

Re: Japan Explorer Pass 2022/11/7 10:29
Thank you very much for sharing! That is very helpful.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Japan Explorer Pass 2022/11/7 10:43
You're welcome.

reply to this thread