Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Fuji Hakone 3 day Pass 2022/11/6 23:28
Hi

I will arrive Tokyo on Saturday, 12 November and plan to travel to Hakone on Sunday, 13 November. Is it required to purchase the Fuji Hakone 3 day Pass in advance. Will 1 day be sufficient.

Please advise if reservations are required for the train to Hakone, the bus from Gotemba to Kawaguchiko and the bus from Kawaguchiko to Shinjuku.

Any information would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

Sandy
by Sandy (guest)  

Re: Fuji Hakone 3 day Pass 2022/11/7 08:14
Is it required to purchase the Fuji Hakone 3 day Pass in advance.

No, you can buy it on the day. The Shinjuku ticket office opens at 8am.

Will 1 day be sufficient.

Only if you rush through everything. I recommend at least 2 days.

Please advise if reservations are required for the train to Hakone

Only on Romance Car trains.

the bus from Gotemba to Kawaguchiko

Reservations are not possible on regular buses between Gotemba and Kawaguchiko. Only on limited express buses are reservations mandatory; however, the limited express buses are currently not operating.

and the bus from Kawaguchiko to Shinjuku.

Yes, reservations required. But you can make them just before departure on the day (if there are vacancies).
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Fuji Hakone 3 day Pass 2022/11/7 22:19
Related question

We're planning to go to Hakone for a day then transfer to Kawaguchiko in the evening to spend the night and the day after. Can you advise on what we can do to our overnight bag so we don't have to carry it around Hakone? I researched on luggage deliveries from Tokyo but I'm worried it won't get to our hotel in Kawaguchiko on time.

Thanks.
by ccs (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fuji Hakone 3 day Pass 2022/11/8 21:13
Hi Uji

Thank you for your response and the answers provided to my question.

With regards to:

the bus from Kawaguchiko to Shinjuku.

You mention that: Yes, reservations required. But you can make them just before departure on the day (if there are vacancies). What happens if there are no vacancies, our 3 day pass would expire and our hotel reservation for the night is in Tokyo.

Once again, thank you Uji. You have been of great help. Really appreciated.
by Sandy Lim (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Fuji Hakone 3 day Pass 2022/11/8 21:25
Well better buy the return ticket a few days earlier. For ease of mind.

I alternatively you can use a train from Kawaguchiko to Shinjuku. There is an express direct train (but if there are no more tickets for the bus the train tickets will be sold out too) or you can take local trains. I went to Kawaguchiko a few weekends ago and wanted to take the express train, but the evening before already all seats on the 7:30, 8:30 and 9:30 service were sold out. It would have been possible to go standing (but I also had a bike with me so it would have been quite inconvenient, so instead I went by local trains:
Shinjuku - Takao - Takao - Otsuki - Otsuki - Kawaguchiko
It took at least 1 h longer than the express train, but I could sit all the way. And also had space for the bike.
If you go that way, check when is the last train. They arenft very frequent and some have better connection than others.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Fuji Hakone 3 day Pass 2022/11/9 05:20
Buses depart frequently and probably never sell out for the entire rest of the day. In the unlikely case they do, you can take the train instead.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread