Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Re-entry as tourist within 90 days 2022/11/9 15:07
Hi,

Last October I went to Japan with my Dutch passport, and upon arrival I got a 90-day stamp in my passport. After 10 days I left the country.

Now I want to go back for another 10 day trip, from Jan 13th - Jan 24th. However, the 90 day stamp is valid until Jan 18th.

Can I assume that when I arrive, they can see I only have been in the country for 10 days and will I get a new stamp at the border, or will there be any issues that I don't know of?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers
by gercoepe  

Re: Re-entry as tourist within 90 days 2022/11/9 19:12
No issues. You'll get a new 90 day stamp.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Re-entry as tourist within 90 days 2022/11/9 19:13
A few years ago I entered Japan (via KIX) in December for a week. Left and then came back again a few weeks later in January (via Haneda).

Both times I entered, they stamped my passport, then stamped my passport again on departure.
And there were no issues with why I was returning again so soon.
by Kari Haruka rate this post as useful

Re: Re-entry as tourist within 90 days 2022/11/9 19:43
No problem at all. Have done this a lot in the past when I was living in Europe but coming to Japan regularly.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Re-entry as tourist within 90 days 2022/11/9 20:07
Thanks for the swift reply! Appreciate it
by gercoepe rate this post as useful

Re: Re-entry as tourist within 90 days 2022/11/9 22:12
Pre-covid - they more looked for people who stayed close to 90 days and then came back almost immediately (specifically on multiple occasions).

As such - what others have said is spot on and you have nothing to worry about.
by mfedley rate this post as useful

reply to this thread