Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Skyliner and Subway ticket value 2022/11/28 14:52
Hi,

We are planning 4 nights In Tokyo, arriving via train from Kyoto.

I've been looking at the Skyliner train back to the airport after our stay (our accommodation is close to Ueno station so easy to catch the Skyliner to the airport).

The Skyliner and subway package ticket appears good value. OS I could pursue this on arrival in Tokyo for subway use and train to Narita airport. See here:
https://www.keisei.co.jp/keisei/tetudou/skyliner/e-ticket/en/subway/in...

Thoughts on this? Does this allow travel on all subways lines in Tokyo? OR would it be better to get an IC card for subway travel (if so ,why?)

Thanks!
by BC6  

Re: Skyliner and Subway ticket value 2022/11/28 19:28
Hey BC6,

if you really are planning on using the subway a lot, then yes, why not.

BUT:
1. you only safe 480JPY per person, so that is not really that much, I think. Also, if you only bye the Skyliner ticket via the website, you will save 270JPY.
2. I personally find using JR-Trains in Tokyo much more convenient and like it a lot better than using subway. Of course there are some places you need to take the subway to, but again just from my pov, a subway flat-ticket would have never paid out.
3. It reads on the website *If you purchase the Keisei Skyliner & Tokyo Subway Ticket, ticket may not be exchanged at Ueno Station and Nippori Station. I understand that you have to get to Narita to get your ticket, which would not make any sense in your case coming from Kyoto.

Regards
Jan
by DrRodriges rate this post as useful

Re: Skyliner and Subway ticket value 2022/11/29 09:54
Thanks.. that clarifies things a bit better.
by BC6 rate this post as useful

Re: Skyliner and Subway ticket value 2022/11/29 13:13
For Narita airport
u can buy JR nonbiri holiday suica pass =2720 yen,unlimited ride in valid area
by Boris (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Skyliner and Subway ticket value 2022/11/29 20:08
Regarding getting to Narita Airport:

Staying in Ueno I'd always go for the skyliner (fast, convenient). If you want to safe money, use a regular Keisei service (which takes quite a while longer and is much less comfortable).

However, if you still have a valid Railpass on that day, use the Narita Express. You will have to transfer at Tokyo Station and it will take longer than with the skyliner, but it will not cost you anything extra.

As for the travel inside Tokyo:

have a look at the excellent website here https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2017.html
I'd try to figure out my rough plans and decide if one of the passes does make sense.
However, personally, the only pass which ever paid out to me was the JR Tokunai pass, as I prefer JR trains and usually use hotels close to JR-Stations. But again, that is totally up to ones preferences.
by DrRodriges rate this post as useful

Re: Skyliner and Subway ticket value 2022/11/30 00:07
2670 yen
JR East says about nonbiri holiday suica Cost
by Markel (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Skyliner and Subway ticket value 2022/12/1 02:36
I think above JR pass do not cover narita exp
ress.so if you want to go narita airport , you need 2670 + 1530 =4200 yen,which is so costly,1530 is Limited express fee.
by Modi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Skyliner and Subway ticket value 2022/12/2 05:51
You can consider
JR Tokyo wide pass 3 Day=10180 yen
Greater Tokyo pass 3 day =7200 yen
by Nappi (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Skyliner and Subway ticket value 2022/12/4 00:29
You can buy keisei Transitbus 1 day pass=600
Tobu bus 1 day pass=500 yen
by Jugantor (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Skyliner and Subway ticket value 2022/12/4 08:04
I'd be better off just getting an IC card, especially if going to consistently use trains for transportations in the future. Plus, better safe than sorry, when it comes to your Kyoto trip. Anything can happen (line stoppage due to bad weather, accidents, etc.), and you might be forced to use another route or line, which you probably can't, if you get the package.
by Christian Hirose Romeo Graham rate this post as useful

reply to this thread