Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can I sell handmade goods in Japan? 2022/12/23 19:35
I am a student living in Japan who wants to sell handmade accessories while walking around. Like parks, road side, or walking areas. Actually I have never seen anyone selling goods without permission here. It's my hobby to make handmade accessories. I just want to do it during the high school vacations.
by Waqar Kainat  

Re: Can I sell handmade goods in Japan? 2022/12/24 13:10
You'd need premission. Stalls etc etc for markets all get premission.

Just walking around harassing people to buy is not premitted.
by h (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I sell handmade goods in Japan? 2022/12/24 19:18
Where in Japan do you live?
If you pay the store opening fee, you can participate in craft fairs and flea markets.
There doesn't seem to be an age limit.
At design festas, etc., the store opening fee is expensive, but the number of visitors is also large.
https://designfesta.com/
by haro1210 rate this post as useful

Re: Can I sell handmade goods in Japan? 2022/12/25 19:18
I agree with haro1210, and it doesn't have to be huge festas. There are groups and shops that welcome designers to set up a little corner. Ask for details when you see them.

At the same time, if you're a high school student in Japan, I'm sure your school may have school festivals or bazaars (although a lot of them are indeed canceled due to the pandemic). See if they accept your good to raise money for the school or other non-profit reasons.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread