Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Karuizawa in February 2023 2023/1/4 18:51
Hi! I am planning a trip to Karuizawa on 15 and 16 Feb, but a few hotels are fully booked. Could someone please advise why is that so? Should I avoid these dates? Thank you!
by IRLim (guest)  

Re: Karuizawa in February 2023 2023/1/5 10:50
On February 14th, the 7th Karuizawa Wedding Awards will be held at the Karuizawa Prince Hotel, so it may be crowded.
https://karuizawamonogatari.com/events/
When I searched from "h”‘ƒvƒ‰ƒ“‚©‚η’T‚·iSearch by accommodation planj" on the right side of this page, I found a hotel that was vacant on February 15th.
https://karuizawa-kankokyokai.jp/
Since we are offering travel discounts for residents of Japan, there may be more bookings than usual, and hotel rates may have gone up.
However, it is still possible to book.
where did you try to book from?
by haro1210 rate this post as useful

Re: Karuizawa in February 2023 2023/1/5 12:58
Try Le Grand Kyu, the rooms are huge and the food fantastic
by Lazy Pious (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Karuizawa in February 2023 2023/1/5 23:14
Hi Haro,
Thank you for the useful information!
I have secured a room (with free cancellation) via booking.com, but the reviews were not very good. I searched for other hotels and noticed that a few are fully booked. So wondered if there will be a major event happening, and the place will be crowded.

Hi Pious,
Le Grand Kyu looks nice, but it is also fully booked.
by IRLim (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Karuizawa in February 2023 2023/1/5 23:28
Have you tried Japanican or Jalan? They are not the best priced but often have other hotels which may not be on booking or agoda
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Karuizawa in February 2023 2023/1/6 01:05
I agree with @Mfedley and would check out Japanican.

My last trip, I really wanted to stay at a particular onsen resort on 1/1 and it was full booked on Booking and Agoda, but had a few rooms left on Japanican, so I booked there. I also used them to book the Nagashima Hotel, which was showing no availability on other websites, but had availability on Japanican.

Different websites have their own allotments of rooms and sometimes a hotel room sold out on Booking is still open on Agoda or Japanican or even Expedia.

I also tend to read the reviews because sometimes people's complaints about the rooms are not things that concern me, or I've seen glowing comments, but someone rating a hotel a 7 or 8.
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Karuizawa in February 2023 2023/1/6 21:58
Thank you all for your replies. Will look at the suggested websites. :)
by IRLim (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Karuizawa in February 2023 2023/1/6 23:02
On Jalan are also several Hotels remaining for your dates
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

reply to this thread