Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where can I find snow from Hyogo? 2023/1/5 14:45
Any suggestion where we can take our kids 6 and 4 to see and play with snow. We are mostly going to stay in Hyogo but are happy to travel by train or bus and even stay overnight. Perhaps max 4hours away from Osaka area. We will be also traveling to Kyoto and Tokyo/Fuji area.

Thank you
by Snowflake0000 (guest)  

Re: Where can I find snow from Hyogo? 2023/1/6 08:51
Hyogo gets plenty of snow in winter. Especially inland.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Where can I find snow from Hyogo? 2023/1/7 17:14
I lived in Hyogo for half a year, only snow I've seen was up on Mount Rokko. Definitely visit it as it's a great visit regardless
by NJeroen rate this post as useful

Re: Where can I find snow from Hyogo? 2023/1/7 18:45
Tajima has ski resorts.

The northern half of Hyogo gets snow in winter.

Pretty sure any that lived there for a while would know this. Some years it's so heavy that trains cannot run.

Re: Where can I find snow from Hyogo? 2023/1/7 18:50
Sorry. I forgot the link. There are others also.

https://discovertajima.com/things_to_do/activities/hachikita_ski_resor...

Re: Where can I find snow from Hyogo? 2023/1/7 21:32
The northern part of Hyogo often gets snow. Tottori and Shimane have higher odds if you want to check them. Northern Okayama (the Mimasaka region) also can get snow. In Osaka, lots of families go to the mountains in Chihaya-Akasaka (just above Chihaya-Akasaka Castle Ruins). I cannot guarantee that there will be snow, but I visited in early March years back and there was lots of snow (and none in the rest of Kansai). I was surprised.
by Rabbityama rate this post as useful

Re: Where can I find snow from Hyogo? 2023/1/11 15:45
Thank you guys. I had no idea there were few places near by to visit:) Will check them out
by Snowflake0000 (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread