Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

International Driver's License question 2023/1/16 07:26
Hi

I got an IDP for my 12/22 trip to Japan (start date was during 12/22.) I can still use the same IDP for June/July of 2023, right?
by rkold  

Re: International Driver's License question 2023/1/16 09:22
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: International Driver's License question 2023/1/16 11:57
Awesome! I'm looking to finally go to Amanohashidate, and I think I would prefer to drive even though it breaks my rule of not driving where parking is charged.

I'm also debating some driving around Tohoku but I want to firm that up a bit more and be realistic about what sort of driving conditions I want to do. Ideally, I'd love to take her to Osorezan.
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: International Driver's License question 2023/1/16 15:39
Osorezan could be a good place for driving as the bus timetables (last I looked) are not very friendly for visits - either to brief, or way too long were my options when I visited. But, of course the service doesn't operate when the roads are affected by snow (i.e from 1 Nov).
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: International Driver's License question 2023/1/16 16:03
Yeah, our next trip will be late June /July so a decent time to visit.

I visited in October '09, and missed my bus. I had 2-3 hours to wait. I came super close to begging one of the military wives to take me back to Misawa. I decided to never go back unless I was on a tour or was driving. It's a really fascinating sight, but not set up for public transit.

My other thought is to finally try the Pokémon train at least one or two stations. I suspect that I will need to set up an account and get tickets in advance.

I am fine just paying out of pocket, I can't imagine it's that expensive.
by rkold rate this post as useful

reply to this thread