Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Booking Sapphir Odoriko in JR East website 2023/1/31 11:54
From self research, I found that JR Tokyo wide pass didn't covered for Sapphir Odoriko train, but It can be used as a discount for booking reserved green seats. However, I found that I couldn't book the seats in JR East website If I chose seat reservation using JR Tokyo wide pass, but I can book it If I chose booking without any pass.

So does it means that I can only book the seat at vending machine/ticketing office but not on the website ?
What should I do to be able to reserve the seat beforehand ?
by IlikeWhipcream  

Re: Booking Sapphir Odoriko in JR East website 2023/2/1 13:00
The Tokyo Wide Pass provides access to JR East trains for ordinary seating. The Sapphir Odoriko is a "Green Car" train and therefore the pass can only be used for an additional fee. (I presume you would do your seat reservation only rather than including the base fare in your online booking and then select either green or premium green.)
The pass would work for the regular Odoriko trains.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Booking Sapphir Odoriko in JR East website 2023/2/1 19:49
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Booking Sapphir Odoriko in JR East website 2023/2/1 22:38
Thank you everyone for the answer! I found out that I can book the seats in Sapphir odoriko train without the pass by choosing "Customers not using a pass" menu.
by IlikeWhipcream rate this post as useful

reply to this thread