Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Shikoku or Kyushu? 2023/2/9 17:25
We're off to Japan in June, yay! This will be our third trip. We'd like to take an overnight ferry from Osaka to either Shikoku or Kyushu. Both looks awesome, with heaps to do. For people who have holidayed in both, which was your favourite and why? I'm also wondering if one will be wetter than the other in June?
by GemmainJapan  

Re: Shikoku or Kyushu? 2023/2/9 19:34
I donft believe the ferry service to Shikoku Island is overnight. Personally, I agave wanted to do the Osaka-Beppu Overnight Ferry. I have been to Beppu twice, and enjoyed going on the gHells of Beppuh tour. The hotel had a very nice buffet, and the baths were nice.

There is a scene in the movie gDie Hardh, where there is a model of somewhere, with a ship. The ship looks like it was painted like ships from Sunflower Ferry Line. The Osaka to Beppu ferry is run by Sunflower.

My vote would be Osaka to Beppu.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: Shikoku or Kyushu? 2023/2/10 01:04
Shikoku and Kyushu, they are both BIG islands. Where exactly on each island are you thinking about and what are your interests?
by kamahen (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shikoku or Kyushu? 2023/2/10 04:03
How long will you be visiting Kyushu/Shikoku?
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Shikoku or Kyushu? 2023/2/10 05:51
Depends on your iterests. But Kyushu is so much bigger and offer a lot more to see and do.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Shikoku or Kyushu? 2023/2/10 08:54
I haven't been to Shikoku (in October hopefully) but spent a month in Kyushu and it's wonderful.
The scenery is utterly stunning throughout the whole island, Mount Aso is breathtaking , onsen towns like Kurokawa Onsen so beautiful, cities like Fukuoka, Kumamoto, Nagasaki and Kagoshima surrounded by amazing nature and full of interesting sights.
From what I've read, Shikoku is also very beautiful but less populated, less touristy and with less developers transport infrastructure.
by Denis C rate this post as useful

reply to this thread