Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone - how to schedule Owakudani Walk 2023/2/14 07:29
Hello!
I am trying to get a feel for the Hakone circle, but I will admit I find it a bit overwhelming. In particular, I want to book my family on the Owakudani walk which has reopened (subject to daily conditions). I can't figure out timing to guess which timeslot to book. Could someone help?

Staying: close to Hakone-Gora Station
Arrive: Tuesday evening in April
Depart: Thursday afternoon (flexible timing)
Time available: 1.5 days
Wishlist: Cirlce route, Owakudani walk, time for onsen, and Open Air Museum

The Owakudani walks are available to be booked at 10:00, 11:30, 1:00 and 2:30. What route would make the most sense, in order to predictably be at Owakudani 30 minutes in advance of one of these times? Would it make sense to start there as our very first stop on Wednesday morning, so that we don't get held back by anything else?

Thank you!!

The Owakudani walk
by WestCoast (guest)  

Re: Hakone - how to schedule Owakudani Walk 2023/2/14 14:47
If this is high on your priority list and with 1,5 days available I would put it at the beginning of your agenda. Then you can complete the loop from there, relax somewhere in an onsen and on day 2 go to the open air museum and other points of interest between there and gira and Yumoto.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

reply to this thread