Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Transport Pass Suggestions 2023/3/6 04:21
Hi All,

At present I'm visiting Japan in June/July and have a pretty set location list that I'm aware is not worth getting multiple JR passes. I've visited more places in Japan than most - so finding my way around Japan is not a problem but I'm aware that others here have a better knowledge of different passes that are available to foreign tourists. Please feel free to suggest passes which might be able to save money in locations which are mentioned below. Note that I'm not really going to be changing the locations but I'm definitely up for saving money.

12/6 (Utsunomiya): Narita Airport Hotel to Utsunomiya. Some bus transport around Utsunomiya might occur.
13/6 + 14/6 (Utsunomiya): Visit sites one day around Oya and Utsunomiya one day, visit Nikko Edomura + Tobu World Square one day, probably by train instead of car.
15/6 - 17/6 (3 nights - Tochigi area). Visit Ashikaga, Tochigi Town, Sano and Kiryu via train/bus.
18/6 + 19/6 (Chichibu 2 nights). Visit some of the main sites around Chichibu, by public transport
20/6 - 23/6 (Nagoya - 4 nights). Chichibu to Nagoya. Visit sites around Nagoya along with a trip to Meijimura.
24/6 (Gujo Hachiman - 1 night). Nagoya to Gujo Hachiman. Visit sites around Gujo Hachiman via walking/public transport
25/6 (Seki - 1 night). Visit Seki + Mino via public transport
26/6 (Toyohashi). Visit some sights around Toyohashi (pubic transport)
27/6 (Hamamatsu). Visit some sights around Hamamatsu
28/6 (Shizuoka City). Visit some sights around Shizuoka but might change location.
29/6 (Morioka). Travel from Shizuoka to Morioka
30/6 - 4/7 (Morioka). Hire a car from Morioka Station and do a loop around Miyagi/Iwate
5/7 - 8/7: Morioka to Koriyama. 3 nights around Ibaraki, Fukushima + Tochigi by car. Then one night from Koriyama to Narita
by mfedley  

Re: Transport Pass Suggestions 2023/3/7 03:28
Mfedley is one of our best friend,who always help thousands of new comer of japan ,if not millions.For lack of my japanese ,i am unable To give proper info.however you know this website has valuable information about your potential destination and its transport pass
by Boris johnson (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Transport Pass Suggestions 2023/3/7 06:26
I was looking at the first week, and noticed a lot of the area is the Tobu Railway area. I knew there were Tobu Nikko passes, but I wondered if there were others. I found this pass on the Tobu railway site, and it might work.

https://www.tobu.co.jp/en/ticket/ryomo/

This pass may work for the June 15th-17th. It looks like it covers busses in the area, too. You might want to poke around the Tobu website, and look around.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: Transport Pass Suggestions 2023/3/7 15:20
Thanks for the suggestion ebay....

I've also poked around their site and found an interesting Greater Tokyo Pass which might come in handy for a return trip on the way back to Europe...

https://greater-tokyo-pass.jp/en/ticket/
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Transport Pass Suggestions 2023/3/8 03:11
26 June Toyohashi:Toyotetsu bus 1 day pass= 900 yen,Located in aichi prefecture

27 June:you can buy Hamamatsu marutto pass 1 day=1500 yen

28 june : you can buy enshu rail and bus 1 day ticket= 1570 yen

29 June :JR East iwate holiday pass=2500yen
morioka is the capital city of iwate prefecture of tohoku region
by Khan (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread