Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Passports needed to buy Osaka Amazing Pass? 2023/3/8 13:46
My brother will be arriving Osaka before I do, so my plan is he buys my Osaka Amazing pass along with his Osaka Amazing pass. 
Will the tourist info center at Shin-Osaka need him to present my passport to buy the pass for me? If so, would a copy of my passport suffice?
Also, are Osaka Amazing passes tied to just one person? - Could my brother use the 2 Day Osaka Amazing Pass on Day 1 and then his friend uses the same pass on Day 2? (as long as they visit different sites)
by middle-aged (guest)  

Re: Passports needed to buy Osaka Amazing Pass? 2023/3/9 09:57
Passports need to be sighted to purchase.

They are not limited. So no need to buy early.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Passports needed to buy Osaka Amazing Pass? 2023/3/9 11:04
They don't allow purchase by proxy, so you'd need to be there too to get the pass.
Actually I highly suggest you look through the pass website and see what it offers.
https://www.osp.osaka-info.jp/en/
Given the cost of the pass, if you are primarily using it for transportation, you will be very unlikely to save any money with it - maybe the opposite. You should look through the list of places it gives free or discounted admissions to, and make sure you'd like to see those places and add up the savings. It may or may not be worth getting for you.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Passports needed to buy Osaka Amazing Pass? 2023/3/9 20:05
Thanks H and Ken!

H: I know it's not limited - I just want to prevent the time wasted go to the station and queue if my brother can buy for me along with his before I arrive.

Ken: I'm most keen on the boat rides. I plan to ride 6 of them, so that's already much more than the 2 Day ticket itself.
by middle-aged (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread