Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bag policy for Ryogoku Kokugikan sumo stadium 2023/3/11 09:55
Hi.

We'll be coming straight from Kyoto on the bullet train to a match at the Ryogoku Kokugikan stadium. Our large luggage is being sent to the hotel ahead of time but we'll still have our smaller bags with us. I know that there is luggage storage at most train stations but if those are full because of the tournament can we bring our bags into the stadium with us? What are bag policies for the stadium?
by Sam (guest)  

Re: Bag policy for Ryogoku Kokugikan sumo stadium 2023/3/11 14:15
On the Japanese part of Kokugikanfs website, I see some rules/requests for the spectators, and about luggage they say gplease do not bring in any large piece of luggage that does not fit within your seat.h So (if you have a chair seat) something that fits under the chair would be OK, so a normal sized backpack might be OK, but a suitcase would not fit in.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Bag policy for Ryogoku Kokugikan sumo stadium 2023/3/12 20:49
A small bag/back-pack would be ok, but anything larger would be a problem. (essentially - would you take that bag to a sports event in your own country? If no, then don't) There is not (AFAIK) additional bag storage at the venue - none that I have seen on my visits, and there is not much space at the seats.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Bag policy for Ryogoku Kokugikan sumo stadium 2023/3/12 23:30
Probably best is to leave your luggage in a locker at Tokyo station. There are probably lockers at Ryogoku station as well, but if they are full you have a problem. While at Tokyo station there are many lockers. After the match just go back To Tokyo station, pick up your luggage and check into your hotel
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

reply to this thread