Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Pass: are exchange orders only physical? 2023/3/13 08:23
I'm travelling to Japan on April 9. I live in Argentina and I seriously doubt a physical exchange order will make it to my home in the short term. Most websites only talk about the physical exchange orders, but a couple of them mention an electronic exchange order (eMCO).

Does anyone know how they work? Are they safe? I'm planning to buy the JR Passes from this website, which looks like the official one: https://www.japanrailpass-reservation.net

Thanks in advance!

by MAN83 (guest)  

Re: JR Pass: are exchange orders only physical? 2023/3/13 14:44
Buy the online version. It is digital.

The version with the exchange voucher while cheaper is physical as you know.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass: are exchange orders only physical? 2023/3/13 16:45
you can buy a voucher from :
JAPAN ASIA CENTER EVYT
Av. Cordoba 836, P.11-of.1107, 1054-Buenos Aires
TEL 011-4393-0755
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass: are exchange orders only physical? 2023/3/13 22:08
I've seen the address in Buenos Aires, but that's actually pretty far from where I live. But it's a good option, today I'm going to call to hear what they have to say.

Still, it seems the best option is the online digital voucher. I suppose that's an email or certified PDF you take to a JR Pass office and then exchange for the actual pass, right?
by MAN83 (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: JR Pass: are exchange orders only physical? 2023/3/15 13:19
https://www.japanrailpass-reservation.net/

is a good option if you don't have time to get the physical exchange order. That's the JR Pass official site and the only one that can give you a digital voucher. It comes at a cost premium of 10% above what all the other online options are. But it comes with the benefit of being able to book reserved seats online.
by Sarah Carter (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread