Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Is this Osaka Itinerary okay? 2023/3/14 01:02
I am planning a trip in July/August for about a month, which will include Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto and a lot of side trips.

For now, I have the Osaka itinerary planned and would like some feedback on it :)

I will be going with my boyfriend and a friend of ours. They are very into Pokemon and all of us are into anime/manga, so looking forward to spend some time in Den Den Town. We also love food, food (needed to be said at least twice), parks, nature and temples. We aren't too interested in shopping, clothes and things like that and specific things we want to buy (souvenirs, stationary, Japanese Language Books, etc) we will be doing so in Tokyo.

A couple of questions regarding the itinerary:
- Are the days too full or too empty?
- Did I miss any must go places or is any place overrated and not worth it?
- Are there any souvenirs, stationary or Japanese Language Books stores that are a must in Osaka and cannot be found in Tokyo?
- Any other Pokemon related places that we shouldn't miss?
- Any place in Den Den Town or anywhere else related to anime/manga that we shouldn't miss?

Day 1:
- Sumiyoshi Taisha
- Tennoji: Tennoji Park, Shitennoji Temple, Abeno Harukas, Abeno Q's Mall Q's kitchen or Q's dining
- Mozu tombs and Daisen park
- Namba: Kuromon market, Amerikamura, Pokemon Center, Pokemon Cafe store (will go to the cafe itself in Tokyo), Hozenji yokocho (some can be migrated to Day 3 and 4)

Day 2:
- Minoo park
- Tenma: Osaka Tenmangu Shrine, Tenjinbashi-suji shopping street, Tenjinbashi Bridge, Osaka Museum of Housing and Living (maybe, if enough time)
- Umeda: Osaka Station City (Pokemon Center), Umeda Sky Building (at night)

Day 3:
- Osaka Castle, Osaka Museum of History
- Namba: Den Den Town, Dotonbori

Day 4:
- Osaka Expo 70 Park
- Namba: Den Den Town, Dotonbori

Day 5:
- Universal Studios
- Universal City walk Osaka: Shonen Jump store, Osaka Takoyaki Museum
- Bay Area: walk around and Naniwa Food Theme Park

Day 6:
- Nara