Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Capsule hotel for family 2023/3/14 04:54
Hello,

can someone recommend a capsule hotel for family that can accept a 10 year old boy ?
Preferably in Kyoto. Other cities might be also...
thank you
by anthony (guest)  

Re: Capsule hotel for family 2023/3/14 07:43
No such thing.

Box or capsule hotels are designed for individual travellers. It's not like booking a room.

You can of course book a capsule for you son. But he share toilet and bathroom facilities with strangers.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Capsule hotel for family 2023/3/14 07:59
I am not even sure if a capsule hotel would allow a child. Itfs a place for drunken businessmen to spend the night if they missed their last train.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Capsule hotel for family 2023/3/14 08:00
Btw, many capsule hotels will only accept men. And the ones that accept women have a separate floor for women.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Capsule hotel for family 2023/3/14 13:03
My Favourite capsule hotel is
First Cabin Tokyo
9 hours hotel Tokyo
1980 yen hotel shitaya taitoku tokyo
by John (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Capsule hotel for family 2023/3/14 13:23
I believe First Cabin requires all people staying in it are 14+ Someone on reddit wanted to take their 10 or 11 year old to stay in a capsule hotel.

It's honestly something you need to wait on if you are going to Japan with kids.
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Capsule hotel for family 2023/3/14 14:16
First cabin seems to be available from 13 years old.
I am a woman, but I have stayed in the first class of the first cabin in Osaka by myself when I traveled.
Two or more people can stay in the Premier Class, but it is currently only available at First Cabin Midosuji Namba. (First Cabin Kyoto Nijo Castle is closed)
Also, capsule hotels have separate floors for men and women, so a mother and her son cannot stay together.
We can meet in the lounge.
Quite a bit of coughing sounded at night, so I think it's better to get earplugs. It used to be handed out for free at the entrance. I forgot to get one, turned on the TV, put on my headphones and went to bed.
If you don't mind the noise, I think you'll be fine.
Other capsule hotels may have better soundproofing.
by haro1210 rate this post as useful

Re: Capsule hotel for family 2023/3/14 17:30
We've been to Kyoto 3 times and we've always stayed a week at this Hostel Capsule:
http://www.piecehostel.com/sanjo/en/
he is veeeeeeeeeeeeery good.
Roberto
by pirataurbano rate this post as useful

Re: Capsule hotel for family 2023/3/14 18:06
Dear anthony,

I donLt know a hotel in Kyoto, but in Osaka, there is the BOOK AND BED TOKYO Shinsaibashi (542-0083 Präfektur Ōsaka, Osaka, Chuo-ku Higashishinsaibashi 1-19-11 Unagitani Square 3F).

Kids are allowed, but like most capsule hotels, there has only shared bathrooms.

If this is OK for you and your family, this might be an option.

Greetings,
Vio
by Vio (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread