Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Attractions in Arashiyama, in what order? 2023/3/18 11:22
Hi All,
On our last day in Kyoto, the plan is to check out at 7am (send luggage to Osaka), go to Arashiyama til afternoon, then take train to Nara where we will stay overnight before continuing to Osaka. My question re Arashiyama: Coming from Kyoto Station, in what order should I travel, if I want to incorporate: Sagano Romantic Train, Hozugawa Rvr Boat Ride, Bamboo Forest, Tenryu-ji, and Okochi-Sanso Villa ?

Thank you :)
by nov99  

Re: Attractions in Arashiyama, in what order? 2023/3/18 17:20
Hi there,

I will start with Tenryu-ji first because itfs close to the station, then walk to Bamboo groves, and Okochi-Sanso Villa. They are on one direction.
You later go to the station to start Sagano Romantic Train.

Have a nice trip!
Miss Kyoto!
by lnkhang rate this post as useful

Re: Attractions in Arashiyama, in what order? 2023/3/19 09:19
Thank you @Inkhang :)
So i will return to the same station to start the Sagano train trip, take the boat ride back, and lastly board train back to Kyoto station?
by nov99 rate this post as useful

Re: Attractions in Arashiyama, in what order? 2023/3/19 16:05
Depends on your time of tickets for the boat ride and train ride.

You'll arrive at Saga_arashiyama Station. You can either:-

1. train ride > boat ride > lunch > temple > bamboo > house
2. temple, bamboo > house > lunch > train ride > boat ride

I personally like getting to the bamboo grove early like 7-8 am as you dodge the crowds. Everyone is different in their planning. To be honest, it really doesn matter too much which you do the house, grove or temple in. They are all close by. You wont loose too much time mixing them up.

Th monkey park is also well worth a look if you have more free time. It's a decent walk up the mountain. But the fun up the top is worth it. Just do it if you have the time.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread