Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Wifi In Shinkansen 2023/3/30 19:37
Is the wifi coverage available in all types of Shinkansen train. I am travelling from Tokyo to Halodate/Sapporo in May. Just need to check email & Watsapp
by kopikui  

Re: Wifi In Shinkansen 2023/3/31 22:16
Yes. Wifi is also available within Shinkansen train stations, for all people including locals.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Wifi In Shinkansen 2023/4/3 13:50
Yes, there is wifi on the shinkansen, but do keep in mind that it's VERY spotty and also sometimes has terrible connection speeds. You may be better off bringing your own portable wifi device that you can rent in japan, or just getting a sim card.
by Tom (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Wifi In Shinkansen 2023/4/4 01:56
If you're on the Sanyo Shinkansen, there are many tunnels between Okayama and Hiroshima and there is no signal.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Wifi In Shinkansen 2023/4/4 15:35
Thanks for all feedback,Ifm boarding from Tokyo to hakodate next month, both way
by kopikui rate this post as useful

Re: Wifi In Shinkansen 2023/4/4 22:41
Hi again,

I've used JR's free Wifi on the Tohoku Shinkansen which is the one you're using, and didn't feel frustrated using it just for checking emails and social media. Have a nice trip.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Wifi In Shinkansen 2023/4/4 22:47
The only place I can think of that you'll lose coverage would be the Seikan Tunnel. Otherwise, there are few long tunnels just south of Sendai, but most of the journey is tunnel-free.
by John Braden rate this post as useful

reply to this thread