Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kyoto to Ine Funaya 2023/4/6 12:58
Hello!
I am in need of help regarding transportation from Kyoto - Amanohashidate - Ine (and back)

I currently have understood the first few steps:
1. Kyoto to Amanohashidate (use Willer bus, which I can book from the website https://willerexpress.com/en/area/kyoto/miyazu/)

2. Amanohashidate to Ine Funaya --> this is the tough part! I found this bus operator called "Tankai Bus".. but my question is, do we need to make a reservation for the bus?
According to my itinerary, I will arrive in Amanohashidate from Kyoto at around 3-4 pm.. and i can see that (from their schedule webpage https://www.tankai.jp/en/bus/tankai-bus/) -- there are several buses from Amanohashidate to Ine from 4 to 7 pm.

but I'm just worried if the buses are not operating or have finished operating when I arrived.

3. from Ine Funaya to Amanohashidate --> similarly, should I make a reservation with the Tankai Bus? Or can I hop on every time I want to when the bus has arrived at stations around Ine Funaya?

Thank you very much.
by LimanJS  

Re: Kyoto to Ine Funaya 2023/4/6 17:10
You need 400 yen from ine shinryosho to amanohashidate by tankai bus, take 54 minu tes,25 km
by Jo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto to Ine Funaya 2023/4/6 17:13
Do I need to make a reservation for the amano - ine (and reverse) bus?
Or can I just hop in and hop off to the bus freely?
by LimanJS rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto to Ine Funaya 2023/4/6 17:28
You dont need any reservation.
You can get on, get off freely.
When you get off,you will pay 400 yen

You can buy kyoto tango railway 1 day pass= 1650yen known family outing ticket withchild

Re: Kyoto to Ine Funaya 2023/4/6 17:32
Thank you very much!
Silly question, but.. Can I use an IC card around Ine?

Re: Kyoto to Ine Funaya 2023/4/6 18:27
It is definitely not a silly question! It seems that the local bus company does not accept payment by IC cards yet. So you need to prepare some cash.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto to Ine Funaya 2023/4/6 18:35
Ahh I see. Okay then, thank you so much! 🙏

I guess everything is settled! Thanks to you!

Now the only issue left is reserving the accommodation in Ine! I have been struggling with this one so much because of the language barrier! Hahaha

Do you, by any chance, have any recommendations on how international visitors with minimal Japanese skills can book a room in Ine? Do you think the Ine official tourist website can help with the reservation? Hahaha!

Re: Kyoto to Ine Funaya 2023/4/7 00:29
Hi there again,

Is it better for me to buy the 2-day Amanohashidats-Ine pass in my case?

Is the gTankai Bush from Amanohashidate to Ine included in that pass?

Re: Kyoto to Ine Funaya 2023/4/7 02:08
If you see my previous post Last 2 years,you found that JO always suggest Foreigner to buy rail pass or bus pass or transportation pass.so ultimately i say,yes ,to buy day pass

But the problem is: why you dont choose my suggested rail pass ,cost 1650 yen?my given pass cover miyafuku line =30 km.
Miyama line= 25 km
Miyatoyo line=59 km
Miyazu line=84 km
Thousands of tourist must choose this pass

Re: Kyoto to Ine Funaya 2023/4/7 03:47
As this is a local bus, note that the seats will be pretty close together.

Due to this, if you are a large group with lots of luggage it might be a good idea to look for other options in relation to this.

I'm a single person who normally carries a large hiking backpack (which can carry up to 20KG) and a day pack and find that this is normally fine, unless I'm travelling during Tokyo peak hour on a local bus or subway.

Japanese buses are often used a lot by old people, so I just wanted to make you aware.
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Kyoto to Ine Funaya 2023/4/7 11:06
Thanks mfedly!
I am a solo traveller and I am planning just a day trip from Kyoto to Ine, which, if my planning is spot on, should be good for a day trip visit.

That way, I will only be carrying a 30L backpack.

I believe this should be fine in any circumstances?

reply to this thread