Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Luggage storage near Kurobe Gorge 2023/6/2 18:12
Hello - planning to travel from Nagano to Toyama in October. I want to stop en route and take the Kurobe Gorge Scenic Railway. Going to my hotel in Toyama and backtracking seems like it will take way too long. I have read that there are only 5 lockers in Kurobe-Unazukionsen. Is there any other place to store a suitcase in either Shin-Kurobe Station or Unazuki Station. Thanks in advance.
by SECOB  

Re: Luggage storage near Kurobe Gorge 2023/6/8 01:18
Have you considered sending your luggage to Toyama by a courier company? It may take 24 hours or more, but it's reliable and convenient.
by doggieluver rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage storage near Kurobe Gorge 2023/6/8 02:21
I'd also look at a luggage forwarder - most hotel front desks can set it up for you, and many convenience stores are also drop off points. There actually is a forwarder specifically for the Gorge, but you'll be stunned when you look at their prices....waaaaay too expensive.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage storage near Kurobe Gorge 2023/6/8 02:53
There are coin lockers in Unazakionsen station, but I don't remember how many, and according to the Kurobe Gorge Railway website (https://www.kurotetu.co.jp/en/information/), coin lockers are available at Unazuki, Kanetsuri, and Keyakidaira stations. I don't think I saw any locker in Shin-Kurobe station. However, I subscribe to the recommendations above to use a luggage courier service to send your luggage directly to Toyama, if you can.
by Okazaky rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage storage near Kurobe Gorge 2023/6/9 10:28
Thanks, I didn't realize luggage forwarding was a thing. :) Any recommendations on a provider?
by SECOB rate this post as useful

Re: Luggage storage near Kurobe Gorge 2023/6/9 12:15
I think they are all about the same. In fact, your hotel usually works with one courier.
by doggieluver rate this post as useful

reply to this thread