Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Meguro 2023/6/15 07:40
What are some of your personal favorite places to visit in Meguro?
by Jpn (guest)  

Re: Meguro 2023/6/15 08:23
附属自然教育園 (Institute for Nature Study), 東京都庭園美術館 (Tokyo Metropolitan Teien Art Museum) and 目黒寄生虫館 (Meguro Parasitological Museum) of course.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Meguro 2023/6/15 08:38
Same.
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Meguro 2023/6/15 09:53
I agree with the above.

Also, if you want a place to relax at and have a drink and light snack/meal. There is a cafe that I enjoy going to on a regular basis (I live not too far from Meguro Station)

The cafe is called 'Bonds, Meguro'.

Very relaxing atmosphere, the staff are friendly and the food and drink are also amazing.
The cafe is also between Meguro Station and the Institute for Nature Study.

https://goo.gl/maps/HAjiEWBpc2W4FiLf9
by Kari Haruka rate this post as useful

Re: Meguro 2023/6/15 12:15
Agree with the above places, but also a walk along Megurogawa is nice.

And then there is this hotel with its Japanese flair
https://www.hotelgajoen-tokyo.com/
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Meguro 2023/6/15 12:34
I like the Teien Art Museum and Meguro Gajoen (Hundred Steps Stairs(Hyakudan kaidan), etc.).
Depending on the content of the exhibition, the Meguro Museum of Art is also interesting.
I liked the exhibition of Isaburo Ueno and Richi Ueno.
The Meguro River around Nakameguro is also good during the cherry blossom season.
If you extend the range to Meguro Ward, shopping and gourmet food are also fun in Jiyugaoka.
by haro1210 rate this post as useful

Re: Meguro 2023/6/16 22:43
Meguro is a ward in Tokyo. It's generally a high end residential area. I really like Naka-meguro (Nakameguro) and "naka" means middle. During sakura season, it's very nice to walk along the river lined with sakura trees on both sides. I also enjoy the nice cafes and cake shops.
by doggieluver rate this post as useful

Re: Meguro 2023/7/17 12:47
I recently found out that the Meguro Rekishi Shiryokan, a tiny museum of local history near Nakameguro Station, is quite interesting for anyone interested in Meguro. They also provide a QR code for English translation of some of the exhibits.

I love learning about the lives of ordinary people, whether they're cavemen or 20th century moms and pops, and the museum seems to have a long history of treasuring collections, starting from that of Yoshibe Moriya who led the foundation of Moriya Library known to library lovers.

From Nakameguro Station, walk straight south along the Yamate-Dori avenue, make a right-hand turn at the yellow sign which says めぐろ歴史資料館 and the museum is right next to a Jr high school.
by Uco rate this post as useful

reply to this thread