Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

14 day N'EX Tokyo Round Trip Ticket 2023/6/16 12:52
Hello,

I've already been in Japan for a couple of weeks and made good use of the JR East and JR Hokuriku Arch Passes.

I want to spend a couple of weeks in and around Tokyo and was considering buying a 14 day N'EX Tokyo Pass/Ticket.
Are we only able to buy this ticket/pass in Narita Airport or can I buy it at any JR Travel centres?

Many thanks in advance.
Mev
by Mev Dinc (guest)  

Re: 14 day N'EX Tokyo Round Trip Ticket 2023/6/17 02:35
Are we only able to buy this ticket/pass in Narita Airport or can I buy it at any JR Travel centres?

Only in Narita Airport.
https://www.jreast.co.jp/e/ticketwindow/

This discount ticket is designed for one round trip from NRT to Tokyo and back.

Do you plan to make a round trip to NRT? Why?

There are various ways to go between NRT and Tokyo,
including low-cost buses.
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: 14 day N'EX Tokyo Round Trip Ticket 2023/6/17 08:21
The N'Ex round trip ticket is good for just two trips (from Narita airport to various spots in Tokyo, and one back to the airport within 14 days.) It is not a "pass" like the three day Tokyo Wide pass (10,180 yen) that provides multiple rides.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: 14 day N'EX Tokyo Round Trip Ticket 2023/6/17 10:42
Thank you kindly for your replies.

When it said 'Foreigners living in Japan can also purchase it' I thought it could be purchased and used for hopping in and around Tokyo. It seems quite useless for those of us already here.

Would you be kind enough to recommend alternative tickets/passes for using in and around Tokyo for trains and/or busses?

Best.
by Mev Dinc (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 14 day N'EX Tokyo Round Trip Ticket 2023/6/17 12:34
I have used it a couple of times as a resident, but that is because I had multiple trips to/from Narita within the 14 days. But, even at 4,000 yen (plus whatever changes over time), it is not the cheapest way for me to get there and back - people pay for the comfort aspect (it doesn't even save much time either).
In/around Tokyo you would really struggle to make much in the way of savings beyond single fares (or using an IC card). The Tokyo Wide Pass I mentioned only pays off if you are doing a lot of the longer day-trips in the area, and even doing a trip to Nikko where it "saves" money is twice as expensive as one of the alternatives.
Even when I am doing a lot of travel in the city from home to various tourist spots or errands in multiple locations, and a lot more travel than many tourists would do, the passes/discounts that are around like the 72-hour subway pass either waste too much time by limiting to certain companies or provide scant savings. I can think of better uses of my time to save a couple of hundred yen. Simply, getting around the city doesn't cost that much.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread