Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Half Japanese Half Filipina 2023/6/17 00:00
Hello, hope I can get answers here. I have a japanese passport but not yet tried going to Japan, I am here in the Philippines. My father is japanese and he stayed here for good, I would like to know if It’s okay not to get a certificate of recognition for a Filipino Citizen, can I just get a Philippine passport instead? When going to Japan? Also, is there another option to request Koseki online without a postal check and ems envelope? I don't have anyone to buy in Japan, I have 2 kids and would like to get their Japanese passports as well, I registered them to Japan embassy when they were born. Thanks!
by Aiko (guest)  

Re: Half Japanese Half Filipina 2023/6/17 12:18
If you travel on a Philapines passport. You need to apply for a visa and can stay a maximum of 15 days.

Travel on a your Japanese passport. There would be zero entry conditions.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Half Japanese Half Filipina 2023/6/18 22:23
Which city are your children's koseki located at? Each city has a different policy on how one could obtain a koseki copy.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Half Japanese Half Filipina 2023/6/18 22:27
Hello gunma ken kiryu
by Aiko (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Half Japanese Half Filipina 2023/6/19 00:08
Below are the details on how one can obtain koseki from Kiryu, but it doesn't say what you can do in your case. Why not send them an inquiry? Click お問い合わせは専用フォームをご利用ください。and fill in the form. I also wonder if you've asked your local Japanese Embassy for assistance.

https://www.city.kiryu.lg.jp/kurashi/juminhyo/koseki/1000652.html
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Half Japanese Half Filipina 2023/6/19 11:07
Thank you
by Aiko (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread